Trimble is hiring a Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA.
Trimble is the market leader in precision high-performance GPS systems. We are seeking a self-motivated embedded software engineer with disciplined implementation and analytical skills to join the engineering team. In this position you will join a tight-knit team of talented developers in a stable and supportive work environment, where you can quickly see the positive impact of your efforts. You will develop embedded GPS modernized signal-in-space processing algorithms and software including signal recovery, timing, and message processing software, and implement them on embedded GPS receiver modules. You will interact closely with hardware, firmware, system engineering, and test teams to continue widening our advantage in leading-edge embedded GPS receivers meeting the most demanding aviation performance needs.
The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with System Engineering to interpret requirements and to design and implement software solutions in our embedded GPS receivers. He or she will plan and scope development effort, follow structured development processes to design, document, implement, and verify software, and define requirements-based software and system tests. He or she will also support hardware and FPGA interface documentation, design and test.
The successful applicant will have:
- PhD or MSEE degree and 3 years’ experience developing embedded DSP algorithms and software for complex real time signal and data processing systems
- Formal training and expertise in signal processing theory and in algorithm design, validation, modeling, and performance characterization
- Expertise with embedded DSP software system architecture, algorithms, and implementation
- Experience with real-time embedded C software development
- Collaborative, team-oriented contributor with demonstrated ability to think outside the box
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication, organization, planning, and documentation skills
Experience in at least two of the following areas is also required:
- Embedded DSP software and hardware system architecture, algorithms, and implementation for GNSS Signal-In-Space (SIS) processing, navigation data recovery and management, health and integrity monitoring
- Experience with GPS SIS DSP hardware accelerator architectures
- Modular structured architectures, object-oriented software architecture, scripting
- Requirements-based software development processes
Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance is required. Applicants must clearly indicate any previous DoD security clearance activity.
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. In addition, Trimble Navigation Limited participates in the DHS E-Verify program. M/F/V/D