Title: Product Support Engineer
Location: Dayton, OH
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
We have a permanent, full-time vacancy located in Dayton, OH for a Product Support Engineer with the Caterpillar Trimble joint-venture organization (CTCT). You will be part of an international team providing support and quality initiatives to Trimble and Caterpillar. This position networks closely with CTCT internal project teams, as well as parent support and product groups, to ensure Trimble and Caterpillar continues to provide high-quality products to the earthmoving and paving industry.
· Responsible for timely problem resolution in worldwide support of CTCT machine control and guidance products.
· Identification and management of emerging quality issues
· Customer Beta testing - equipment and site management, installation, training and support
· Creation of support documentation for distribution to parent companies
· Management of Trimble, Caterpillar and CTCT databases used in tracking product issues
· Providing input on support requirements to help shape product requirements early in the development cycle
· 3+ years of machine control technical experience
· Experience with Ethernet or wireless communications
· Experience with Radio or other electronic forms of communication
· Experience with Embedded Systems (C++ or C)
· Travel (including international / approximately 20%)
· Self-starter with a demonstrated passion for the business
· Experience with CAN/J1939
· Minimum two-year degree in technology-related field
· Data processing computer skills
· Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
· Problem-solving and time management skills
· Experience with GPS, machine control and guidance system design or validation
· Mechanical and electrical aptitude as well as manual dexterity to work well in bench test and machine test environments
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D