Title: Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Boulder, CO
If you’ve ever used SketchUp, you know it’s special software: 3D modeling that’s easy to learn, intuitive to use, and accessible to everyone. Try it out for free at app.sketchup.com
The Lead Software Quality Engineer is a member of the SketchUp Skore (SketchUp Core) team. As a member of the Skore team, you’ll be working to both refine and re-imagine how we deliver cutting edge 3D software, helping people everywhere express and communicate their ideas. We’re looking for someone who is highly skilled, motivated, collaborative -- and pretty low-key about it all. The Lead Software Quality Engineer is responsible for overseeing the quality of the SketchUp core code base. This includes leading a team of Quality Assurance Engineers as well as directly supporting testing and verification.
About SketchUp, a Boulder startup all grown up
Part of Trimble, SketchUp is one of the most popular 3D modeling and design tools in the world. Today, millions of architects, engineers, contractors, woodworkers, artists, and other creatives use our software to design transit centers, treehouses, and everything in between. We support a healthy work/life balance and high-quality standards for software and coffee. Our office is conveniently located right off the Boulder Creek Path.
About Trimble, our parent company
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial, and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
- Oversee a team of Quality Assurance Engineers, this includes: reviewing test cases, setting priorities, reviewing resourcing, and coordinating training.
- Manage QA release tasks.
- Drive and provide QA perspective on team processes.
- Review design documents to ensure testability of new features as well as the quality of the designs.
- Manual testing of SketchUp features.
- Test newly introduced or updated product features, track defects, reproduce customer issues, and ensure the quality of SketchUp and LayOut.
- Test plan writing and test case creation
- 5+ years experience testing software
- Previous experience leading QA efforts
- Proficiency with 3D/2D modeling and visualization software
- Proficiency with a defect tracking system such as JIRA
- Self-sufficient, can work with minimal guidance
- Experience with Windows or Mac platforms
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Real world experience in the Architectural or Civil Engineering field
- Localization test experience
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D