This Human Resources Manager position will be located in Salzkotten, Germany and will act as the HR lead for Müller Elektronik and WTK, acquired by Trimble in July 2017. In addition, this role will support 4 other Northern Germany Trimble office locations which total less than 100 people. This is an individual contributor position that requires senior level business partnering experience, strategic-level thinking, and proactive problem-solving. This role also requires the ability to navigate a complex, matrixed, international organization. As an ideal candidate, you've had experience in a technology manufacturing product and solutions development business, specifically in Germany, with the knowledge of German HR laws and practices and hands on experience with works councils -- preferably software and hardware, direct and channel sales, product management, operations and manufacturing. You know what it takes to integrate and support mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. You have a reputation for building strong rapport with business leaders and employees alike, establishing credibility and trust quickly, professionally resolving difficult people and organizational issues, efficiently and accurately attending to the day-to-day processes and details, and meeting the varied needs that arise in a fast-paced, nuanced, and often ambiguous environment. You are someone who thinks strategically and acts tactically. You work hard, and have a sense of accomplishment in your contributions. If this sounds like you, please let us know. We'd like to get to know you.
The HR Manager provides leadership for both strategic and day-to-day HR functions, including but not limited to: employee relations, staffing, performance management, total reward systems, learning and development, change management, organizational development, leadership coaching, succession planning, and data tracking and analytics. The successful candidate will engage in a true business-partnership approach, championing the needs of the business while operating in a balanced and collaborative way within the constructs of the broader matrixed company and the worldwide HR team.
- Strategic Business Partner -- Actively engage with leaders and managers to gain a strong understanding of the business. Partner to identify broad, chronic organizational challenges or opportunities. Bring thought-leadership to the crafting and implementation of strategies to effectively address. Participate in developing HR strategies, plans, and systems that support business goals and objectives. Bring a strategic mindset to all situations, and a disciplined tactical approach to implementation.
- Relationships and Communication -- Build strong relationships within the assigned client group, global HR, and across the company in order to communicate and align business and HR strategy. Be an exceptional communicator -- able to listen deeply, articulate clearly with all levels of audiences, and write succinctly -- who can connect authentically and professionally in all circumstances.
- Change Agent -- Act as a liaison for leading change. Assist in the modification of systems, processes, and structures to support needed change. Monitor progress, and develop long and short-term plans to keep attention focused on change.
- Organizational Development -- Collaborate with senior management to create and maintain an organization that is focused on market-driven activities, but is agile enough to react to changes in the market. Partner to define and develop the appropriate organizational culture to grow and sustain the business and engage employees.
- Coach and Mediate -- Create sustained solutions to leadership, management, team, and employee relations challenges through a variety of investigative, coaching, and mediation techniques. Bring an objective, mature, professional approach to listening and resolution. Work to determine root causes of issues and apply a systematic approach and relevant solutions consistent with legal requirements and Trimble philosophy.
- Global Awareness -- Bring a curiosity to learn, cultural awareness, and a sense of internationalism to effectively engage with global colleagues.
- HR Consultant -- Provide or facilitate the provision of HR subject matter expertise in all HR generalist functions.
- HR Operational/Administrative Expert -- Partner with the worldwide HR team (and internal specialists) to execute HR initiatives and priorities within the client organization. Bring knowledge of laws and regulations governing German employment practices. Pay rigorous attention to detail and accuracy in the tactical execution of all processes.
- Integrate lean thinking and practices into key processes relating to talent acquisition, benefit administration.
- Other duties as required.
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business or related area of study
- Minimum 5-8 years of top business/plant leadership experience in a progressive work environment
- Breadth of experience resulting from successfully managing customary Human Resources activities such as employment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, training, and employee services.
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing plant environment; working knowledge of German employment law
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization structure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to act effectively both autonomously and in a team setting
- Demonstrated learning agility; desire to continuously improve Human Resources practices
- Very good verbal and written English language skills
- Ability to travel, both locally and internationally
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and accompanying integration activities
- International exposure and working globally
- Master’s Degree in HR, Business, or equivalent
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, by continually adapting to circumstances while not losing sight of the end goal; demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.