Title: SQL Server DBA
Location: Mayfield Hts, OH
The SQL Server DBA provides support and services to ensure client satisfaction and deliver exceptional technical guidance to our client base. This role will be responsible to manage incoming case work, interact with technical and non-technical staff, lead and execute projects and deliverables, work effectively with peers to satisfy the goals of the Database Services team.
· Experience with SQL Server (2008/2012/2014/2016/2017)
· SQL Server Install, Implementation, and Configuration
· SQL Query (T-SQL) Development and Performance Tuning
· SQL Server Administration Experience
· Software and hardware support experience
· Ability to complete work within estimated time constraints to provide our customers with the best enhancements at a reasonable cost
· The drive and natural tendency to keep their technology skills up to date
· Good verbal and written communication skills demonstrating the ability to work with customers inside or outside of the company
· Ability to relate to customers with varying levels of technical skills and understanding; from the end-user, to the IT Manager, to the Executive level
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills needed to manage multiple requests with varying levels of importance and criticality
· Ability to work off-hours and evenings to assist with time sensitive tasks.
· Work closely with peers, Sr. level database analysts, software support analysts, and development resources as required to identify, resolve, or coordinate the resolution of database and product incidents
· Possesses initiative, flexibility and a rational mental attitude capable of conceptual and analytical thinking, even under stressful conditions.
· Organizational sensitivity, analytical and synthetic intelligence, imagination and proactivity are required to formulate and validate solutions.
· Attention to detail, a logical-minded and goal-driven approach, flexibility, determination, planning and control aptitude are required to achieve effective results.
· Thinks beyond completing the task at hand, contemplates and researches solutions to automate and ensure repeatability and stability in regard to challenges faced by his/her Team
· Analyze services to determine if they are running properly or if they are causing any system-related problems (i.e. query performance, hardware utilization, database and system log monitoring)
· Monitoring of server workload, IO, memory, query performance, indexes, network latency, etc.
· Able to ensure server configuration and database maintenance processes are in place and established to best practice guidelines
· Establish and manage the process of installing SQL Server and database maintenance packages for customer databases
· Monitor and troubleshooting of SQL Agent jobs, SSIS packages, and Trimble Transportation software as required
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Enjoys the challenges of a high-energy environment where there are frequent changes and additions to the software products Trimble Transportation develops
· Commitment to quality, customer service, and department standards and goals
· Ability to learn quickly
· Good listening skills, perseverance, and a strong work ethic
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D