Title: Firmware Engineer
Location: Victor, NY
Trimble Water is a leading provider of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for monitoring Water and Wastewater networks to protect public health and the environment. With our Telog portfolio of Smart Water solutions, we continue to be pioneers of IoT technology in the Water industry. We have an opening within our team for a Firmware Engineer to develop solutions within our IoT product portfolio, our range of metering handheld devices and GNSS receivers.
- Design and implement software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Deign, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Review code and design
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Provide post production support
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Work well in a team environment and also able to work with relatively little direction for day-to-day operations.
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering (with at least 5 years experience) or MS with 3 years experience.
- Solid programming experience in C or C++ required and and some experience with windows programming using .NET languages (e.g. C# or VB) and/or Java desirable.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Experience developing and debugging software on MSP430 or Cortex-M3 architectures is desired (or any other resource constraint platform)
- Experience implementing and debugging low-level drivers and communication protocols for hardware serial interfaces (e.g. SPI, I2C, RS232 and RS485) between components
- Familiarity with common test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and frequency analyzers
- Understanding of techniques for performance optimization of firmware for power consumption and memory usage
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, version control, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D