Software Engineer Lead
Trimble is recruiting for a Software Engineer lead to fill an opportunity in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
The Geospatial engineering team is looking for a highly skilled, highly motivated software engineer lead with C# .NET experience interested in working in a high-paced, agile and international development environment. This individual will be a key part of the team developing Trimble’s office software flagship for geomatics and civil engineering professionals in Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Lead the local engineering team and coordinate development with the global offices
- Understand and analyze marketing requirements, propose innovative solutions
- Develop, test and maintain our desktop application
- Align work with our various centers of expertise, integrate specialized components into the software solution
- Full commitment to an Agile development process
Skills and Requirements
- BS or MS Computer Science
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer
- 3+ years of recent experience in a full C# .NET environment
- Experience in UI development, using tools like Infragistics, WPF and Windows forms
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- True team player, reactive & proactive, motivated to work in a highly international environment
- Dedicated to writing a shared, extensible and maintainable code base
- Excellent problem solving skills, out of the box thinking
- Experience in writing and consuming web services (MS Web API, ServiceStack, …) is desirable
- A strong math background, experience with GIS/CAD or with Civil Engineering software are a plus
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.