This position will lead cross-functional efforts across Business Development, Sales, Marketing and Product to launch new products/capabilities and drive success in our North America markets. Must have the ability to work collaboratively with other teams and communicate effectively. This is a production heavy role as many materials are being created from scratch.
- Outline a market’s blueprint at a high-level - Who are the market players and how do we work with them? What problems, trends, challenges are top of mind? Where are their potential opportunities?
- Be an expert on our buyers. Create and maintain buyer personas outlining who our buyers are, how they buy and their key buying criteria. Document their buying journey and use that insight to drive improvements through our sales and marketing channels.
- Understand our competitive landscape and research competitor offerings to react when appropriate. What are they best known for? Strengths/Weakness? What are their killshots and how can we develop a strategy to win against them?
- Positioning & Messaging: Develop positioning and key messaging to ensure appropriate market positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas. Who is the product/feature intended for, how does it solve their challenges/fit their needs, what does it do, and how is it different/unique to what’s available on the market today.
- Internal Distribution of Messaging: Responsible for educating the value of new products/capabilities to the Sales and Bus Dev team and developing internal facing training materials and training programs that facilitate the selling process and focus on how we solve for our buyers and users.
- Influence & Support GTM Strategy: Work closely with GTM focused team to develop a strategy to utilize inside and outside resources and deliver a unique value proposition to customers to achieve competitive advantage, reach market penetration, revenue and profitability expectations.
- Launch Planning and Enablement: Serve as the key facilitator between Product Management and Marketing to identify release vs launch needs, make sure pre-launch tools are in the hands of the customer-facing teams ahead of launch, ensure external launch activities/materials are on schedule and are clearly communicating our value proposition to customers.
- Marketing Launch Execution: Responsible for the actual execution of all assets required in the launch to customers/the market. Website, Sales/Bus Dev training, Support training, etc. Coordinate with MarComm on the development and strategy for external facing launch and campaigns to drive demand.
- Customer Advocacy: Monitor customer sentiment measurement with the goal of driving up the score and ultimately revenue. Also help identify customers who are suitable for use cases to drive education internally on how a customer is solving a problem as well as externally to the market.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager or similar role
- BS/BA Degree in Business or Marketing
- 3-5 years marketing experience required, preferably with experience in B2B or technology
- Excellent writing skills a must
- Experience in market analysis and working knowledge analytics tools
- Excellent planning, organization and multitasking skills. A strong attention to detail required
- Excellent communication skills
- Manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Highly organized self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision
- Experience with Google Slides and Google Apps for Work a plus
- Collaborate on long and short term goals with the entire Marketing team to support company, department and market visions
- Works well in a team environment and cross functionally within an organization
- Strategic mindset with a pragmatic attitude possessing the ability to translate ideas into action: understand and conceptualize how a piece of functionality can be visualized, messaged, positioning and understood by its intended audience
Trimble MAPS is located on Route 1 in Princeton, NJ in a new office beautifully designed to support our recent and expected future growth. Princeton is conveniently located between New York City and Philadelphia.
Trimble MAPS offers great benefits such as a generous PTO package, paid healthcare, 401K, stock options, ESPP, education reimbursement, and many wellness initiatives. We also offer flexible schedules, casual dress, volunteer opportunities, child care discounts, and a corporate women’s network.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D