Trimble is recruiting for a Software Intern to fill an opportunity in Norcross, GA.
BeenaVision – A Trimble Entity is the leading manufacturer of vision-based automatic wayside inspection systems for the railroad industry. BeenaVision has pioneered and developed a number of innovative products using sophisticated machine vision and non-contact measurement technologies.
BeenaVision is looking to hire a motivated individual to fill a software intern position. The qualified applicant will join BeenaVision’s Software team to work on cutting edge projects. The individual must be working towards a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree. They should have keen interest in C/C++ and Python development.
The ideal candidate will:
- Develop applications to augment productivity within the software department and in all other departments
- Maintain excellent code practices by:
- Documenting major portions of code
- Regularly committing changes
- Writing appropriate test cases
- Use knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles to write technical reports and take part in preparation of manuals for the applications being developed
- Wright test cases for existing code
- Write documentation for existing code
- Keep a calm and professional attitude at all times
- Working towards a Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in Python, C, C++03, and C++11
- Proficient with Git and CMake
- Knowledge of Visual Studio 2008 and 2014 (C++) and MFC
- Embedded development is a plus
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D