Applanix, a Trimble company is seeking a Navigation Engineer to fill an opportunity in Toronto, Canada.
The successful candidate will be involved in design, development, integration, testing, enhancement and maintenance of core navigation software and algorithms requiring exceptional formal background in control systems (Kalman Filter) design and software design as well as expertise in software development to implement associated algorithms.
- Develop, enhance and test various navigation algorithms for Applanix POS and POSPAC products utilizing inertial, GNSS and other sensors in deriving optimal navigation solution (Position & Orientation) for various mobile survey and mapping applications.
- Participate in the development of POS and POSPAC (Post processing Office Suite for blending of sensor data to generate Smoothed-Best Estimate of Trajectory). Enhancement and optimization of algorithm and software to achieve optimal solution.
- Systems engineering activities including Design and test of software and products for real-time systems.
- Partake in data gathering, analysis, fine tuning of next generation of APX navigation software and platform.
- Design and enhance Kalman filters for POS and POSPAC products utilizing GNSS, IMU and other aiding sensors.
- Product development related documentation such as Requirements gathering, Software design documents, updated/revisions to user manuals, ICD, Release Notes, BLD, and ECN.
- Evaluate POS and POSPAC product performance in operational settings.
- Some project management activities including Liaison with various stakeholders to present status of assigned tasks, presentations on performance results, keeping to milestones and ability to gauge priorities.
- Masters in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science, Geomatics Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of modern systems and control, estimation and Kalman filtering.
- Fluent software development knowledge using C/C++ languages in real-time and/or .NET
- Keen thirst for learning and taking on multiple tasks.
- Methodical problem solver.
- Good communication skills, team player & overall soft skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Highly motivated and versatile.
- Able to thrive in a diverse multi-tasking environment.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Applanix is committed to an Accessible workplace and provides an Accessible recruitment process. Please note that we can accommodate disabilities upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.