Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is recruiting for a .Net Software Engineer to fill an opportunity in Auckland, NZ.
The .Net Software Engineer is responsible for working with the project teams to establish product requirements and develop fully tested software to meet established requirements. This includes involvement in the full life cycle development of new features and products.
The .Net Software Engineer will be responsible for elements of technical oversight of the .Net software development team under the direction of the Software Engineering Manager. The role will provide leadership to the rest of the .Net development team on a day to day basis (Auckland and offshore (India)). They would also be expected to do the same, at a technical level, for the Quality Assurance engineers in this area.
To do this the .Net Software Engineer will make use of well-established design patterns and architectures that suit contemporary development platforms and follow agile development processes. Perform unit testing of the code developed, develop unit test cases and test harness. Perform system integration and bug fixing tasks, develop user documentation and review similar work done by peers.
As an individual and as a mentor to the team:
- Perform Software Engineering within the framework established for the project.
- Ensure that software design principles and code standards are followed throughout the software development life cycle.
- Implement and test cloud software designs to meet established requirements.
- Requires significant hands-on ability, and collaboration with other teams.
- Participate in technical/design reviews as required by the project framework.
- Implement test code (unit and functional tests) as part of day-to-day engineering practice.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot application issues in all cloud environments.
- As necessary, works independently or with quality assurance personnel to plan and execute product testing.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of cloud related technical processes.
- Other duties as required and requested by management.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends and new technologies.
- 8+ years experience working within Software Engineering.
- A tertiary qualification in computer science or other relevant discipline.
- Ability to effectively communicate at both a technical and business requirements level.
- A good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
- Has the ability to take ownership and lead projects to completion.
- Can take responsibility to mentor Junior team members where necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others through effective communication and collaboration.
- Experience in working within an Agile Development Environment.
- Cloud computing experience - preferably AWS.
- Knowledge of the following highly preferred: Angular, TypeScript, Knockout JS, WPF, Windows Services, MySQL, LDAP, AWS, .NET Core, Microservices, and Atlassian Products (JIRA, Confluence etc).
- Mobile development using the Ionic framework would be an advantage.
Note: Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability.
From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.