Title: DevOps Technical Lead
Location: Tempe, AZ
Department: Trimble Construction Logistics
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial, and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
About Trimble Construction Logistics
Construction bulk material delivery fleets need solutions that track, schedule, route, communicate, and respond in real time. Trimble offers management solutions to help you deliver high-quality, on-time service, while reducing costs, improving performance, and customer satisfaction.
Trimble Construction Logistics provides tailored and scalable construction bulk materials fleet management solutions featuring automatic, accurate real-time vehicle position, and status including:
- Voice communications
- Turn by turn navigation and tracking
- Driver-safety monitoring
- Product quality and fuel tracking Hours of Service (HoS) compliance
- Vehicle diagnostics and maintenance management Business analytics and reports
In this role, you will both lead (shared / contract resources) and provide guidance to individual contributions to ensure our 24x7 service is meeting our stated customer Service Level Agreement (SLA).
As part of your tasks, you will be responsible for periodic software deployments, coordinating / participating in an on-call Level 3 Support rotation schedule, establishing best practices for monitoring / alerting of new services, leading the operation of all services (AWS, Windows, Linux, Oracle, MongoDB, Azure, Data Center Hosting, etc) necessary to provide service to our customers, establishing/utilizing/publishing metrics to drive continuous improvement throughout the Product Development team, and promoting a DevOps culture, leading by example, that follows Trimble's Secure Development Life Cycle.
The ideal candidate will start as individual contributor with the goal to build and lead a Technical Operations team with direct reports in Tempe, AZ and Chennai, India.
You will interact with other teams within Trimble to ensure customer success. You are skilled at bringing parties together to solve complex problems, and in building trusting relationships with both colleagues and customers.
- Promote a DevOps culture through the enhancement/implementation of best practices for our CI/CD pipeline for mobile, software, and firmware development.
- Lead and/or implement all tasks necessary to meet the goals set by the Trimble Cyber Security Team and Trimble's Secure Development Life Cycle.
- Promote Agile software releases from Product Development teams to 3rd party hosted virtual machines and AWS cloud services.
- Coordinate / participate in a Level 3 Support rotation schedule.
- Lead shared internal and external resources to provide world class service to our customers.
- Review critical incidents to provide root cause analysis reports and establish remediation steps to avoid the same / similar issues.
- Suggest improvements to the service KPIs to better measure the concerns of our customers.
- Conduct service reviews, reporting by application on our KPIs, and identify ways we can improve the service provided to our customers.
- Maintain and prioritize feedback from our customers and partner with our Support team.
- Identify ways to improve the scalability of our services and cost efficiency.
- Be flexible with your schedule to support customers and team members globally.
- 5+ years experience in Software Development using .NET, DevOps, and/or Release Engineering
- 3+ years experience leading an on call DevOps or Cloud Operations team
- 2+ years experience in System Administration (Windows and/or Linux) and Networking
- 2+ years experience with AWS/Azure, Azure DevOps and/or AWS Codebuild
- Proven IT or technology experience, including proven experience in a customer facing service delivery or technical account management role
- Experience reporting and managing to KPIs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as this role will involve presentations, service agreements, and other customer-oriented communication
- Excellent organizational, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of basic design and common failure modes of modern web applications
- Understanding of public cloud infrastructure and security concepts
- Track record of improving customer satisfaction
- Strong track record of independent learning and increasing productivity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or additional comparable experience
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Octopus Deploy
- Git (Bitbucket or Github)
- PL/SQL, MSSQL
- AWS or Azure
- ITIL certification
- PMP or other project management certification
- Managing operations or developing SaaS applications
- Reporting with modern operations tooling, including Datadog, Sumo Logic, Pingdom, PagerDuty, and Freshservice
- Developing and supporting shared services
- Contributing to or managing a department budget
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D