Title: Computational Designer
Department: Trimble Consulting Services
Reports to: Sr. Director of Consulting Services
Trimble Consulting France (formerly Gehry Technologies) is recruiting for a Computational Design Consultant to fill an opportunity in Paris, France.
Trimble Consulting Group is an AEC technology development and consulting company providing leading edge solutions to the industry's most challenging projects. Our clients include some of the most recognized international architects, engineers, contractors, and owners working on some of the world's most ambitious projects. We support the adoption of BIM technology and processes through project based services, allowing teams to advance their use of these critical systems while meeting project schedules. Working alongside owners, architects, engineers and contractors across the globe, we leverage our deep expertise in digital construction and complex project delivery to manage risk and ensure quality, schedule and budget. We approach every project with the client’s goals and objectives in mind and achieve transformational results through a proven method of defining, designing, implementing and optimizing data-driven project systems. Fueled by technology, we empower clients with control, transparency and insights into areas they care about most.
The Computational Design Consultant will be responsible for providing technical support to our clients, applying his knowledge of parametric digital design, construction engineering and process automation tools on various types of projects and phases. In conjunction with a Senior Consultant, he will design and implement project solutions and workflows for designers, engineers, fabricators and builders.
Required Skill Sets:
- Wireframe, Surface & Solid Modeling
- Autodesk Revit and/or Rhino a must
- Tekla Structures, CATIA, Bentley Microstation optional
- Geometry Optimization & Automation
- Dynamo and/or Grasshopper a must
- Parametric modelling
- Construction Simulation and scenario analysis
- Autodesk Navisworks, Tekla Structures, or similar 4D software
- BIM Data Extraction and Analytics
- Elementary knowledge of C# or Python a plus
Measures of Success:
- Deep interest in learning new skills and knowledge with the ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Interest in programming languages, dashboarding, graphical engines and systems integration, such as:
- Open/REST API
- Capacity to produce and deliver high-quality BIM content
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge and understanding of construction methods, processes, BIM theory and systems with understanding common construction terminology and standards as well as various building types and systems
- Capacity to interact with the Client and its team for on-site missions
- Being audacious and coming up with novel solutions
Skills & Experience Required:
- 1-5 years of professional BIM Practice, preferably on a Construction environment
- Graduate degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management
- Good to fluent in English and French
BIM Consultants are expected to:
- Work on multiple engagements with multiple clients, addressing complex modeling and analytics tasks aimed at optimizing the project’s workflow
- Analyse and process large amounts of project data
- Develop custom applications or scripts to address specific client needs.
- Create clear and visual presentations to document the performed work
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation,status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D