Trimble Consulting France (formerly Gehry Technologies) is recruiting for a BIM Consultant to fill an opportunity in Paris, France.
Trimble Consulting Group is an AEC technology development and consulting company providing leading-edge solutions to the industry's most challenging projects. Our clients include some of the most recognized international architects, engineers, contractors, and owners working on some of the world's most ambitious projects. We support the adoption of BIM technology and processes through project-based services, allowing teams to advance their use of these critical systems while meeting project schedules. Working alongside owners, architects, engineers, and contractors across the globe, we leverage our deep expertise in digital construction and complex project delivery to manage risk and ensure quality, schedule and budget. We approach every project with the client’s goals and objectives in mind and achieve transformational results through a proven method of defining, designing, implementing and optimizing data-driven project systems. Fueled by technology, we empower clients with control, transparency, and insights into areas they care about most.
A BIM Consultant will be responsible for providing the necessary technical support to a client, applying his knowledge the implementation of digital design and construction methods and tools on a range of project phases and types. In conjunction with a Senior Consultant, you will design and implement project solutions and workflows for designers, engineers, and builders.
Required Skill Sets:
- Wireframe, Surface & Solid Modeling
- Autodesk Revit and/or Rhino a must
- Tekla Structures, CATIA, ArchiCAD, Bentley Microstation optional
- Geometry Optimization & Automation
- Dynamo and/or Grasshopper a must
- Parametric BIM Production
- Construction Modeling and Simulation
- Autodesk Navisworks, Tekla Structures, or similar 4D software
- BIM Data Extraction and Analytics
- Practical knowledge of C# or Python a plus
Measures of Success:
- Deep interest in learning new skills and knowledge with the ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Capacity to produce and deliver high-quality BIM content
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge and understanding of construction methods, processes, BIM theory and systems with understanding common construction terminology and standards as well as various building types and systems
- Capacity to interact with the Client and its team for on-site missions
Skills & Experience Required:
- 1-5 years of professional BIM Practice, preferably on a Construction environment
- Graduate degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management
- Good to fluent in English and French
BIM Consultants are expected to:
- Work on multiple engagements with multiple clients, addressing complex modeling and analytics tasks aimed at optimizing the client’s project workflow
- Managing and analyzing large amounts of project data
- Develop custom applications (Dynamo and/or Grasshopper) for answering specific client needs.
- Create clear and visual presentations of his work
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation,status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
#engineering #emea #paris