Title: Android Developer
Department: Transport & Logistics
Reports to: Engineering Manager
The Trimble Transport and Logistics business unit, of which the operational and development teams are located in Ieper and Leuven (Belgium), is looking for an Android Developer to join our team in Leuven, Belgium.
Our Carcube is a state of the art mobile terminal for truck and transport. Because of growing and evolving markets, customers want more features and more devices to be connected to the cube. Examples are tachographs, scanners, card readers. Drivers also need more and more feedback from their system, like consumption and driving style feedback. As an Android Developer, your focus will be on enhancing and adding those features to the FleetWorks server product and or CarCube embedded device product.
Key aspects of your daily work are
- You participate in the complete product development cycle starting from analysis, architecture, design, coding, unit integration and system testing of software
- You provide ongoing sustaining support to the product, addressing end to end feature enhancements.
- You review and work with others (Product Management, Technical Architects, Development Engineers, Software Development Manager) to confirm and track feature requirements through to delivery.
- You are a member of an agile development team, we are working with scrum methodology. Experience with agile development is an asset
- You report to the Software Development Manager
- You have experience writing native Android applications in Java or Kotlin.
- You are comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- You are mindful about writing Android applications in an embedded context, where memory and cpu are sparse.
- You have experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with C is a bonus.
- You are a strong team player but are able to work independently.
- You have good communication skills in English, both written and oral.
What would we offer to our engineers!
- An amazing environment, with no dress code, flexible hours and the possibility to work from home!
- A really good package including a company car!
- A great career with an innovative leader in telematics solutions!
- To work for a Silicon Valley and Nasdaq organization!
About Trimble Transport & Logistics
We are a division of Trimble, whose positioning solutions are used in over 100 countries and in diverse lines of business, ranging from Agriculture, Construction and Surveying to Fleet Management, Public Safety and Consumer Applications. At Trimble, employee satisfaction goes hand in hand with customer satisfaction. Our goal is to build strong relationships that create a robust company and a profitable future. Position yourself with an innovative leader and position yourself for success!
Trimble Transport & Logistics is the leading provider of advanced transport management solutions that maximize productivity and enhance profitability for our customers. We are an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best.