The Trimble Transport and Logistics business unit, of which the operational and development teams are located in Ieper and Leuven (Belgium), is looking for a Sr Java Developer to join our team in Leuven, Belgium.
Our Carcube is a state of the art mobile terminal for truck and transport. Because of growing and evolving markets, customers want more features and more devices to be connected to the cube. Examples are tachographs, scanners, card readers. Drivers also need more and more feedback from their system, like consumption and driving style feedback. As a Java Developer your focus will be on enhancing and adding those features to the FleetWorks server product and or CarCube embedded device product.
Key aspects of your daily work are
- You participate in the complete product development cycle starting from analysis, architecture, design, coding, unit integration and system testing of software
- You provide ongoing sustaining support to the product, addressing end to end feature enhancements.
- You review and work with others (Product Management, Technical Architects, Development Engineers, Software Development Manager) to confirm and track feature requirements through to delivery.
- You are a member of an agile development team, we are working with scrum methodology. Experience with agile development is an asset
- You report to the Software Development Manager
- You have at least 6 years of experience with Java programming, including at least 2 years with Android development
- You are comfortable working in a Linux environment and writing your own scripts.
- You have experience with multi-threaded development.
- You are mindful about having limited resources at your programs' disposal.
- You are able to rapidly get up to speed with the existing application code base.
- Rich Client Android development experience is a bonus.
- Native development C/C++ experience is a bonus.
- Linux Kernel Hacking is a bonus.
- Any experience in transportation of GIS sector is a bonus.
- Other interesting skills/knowledge: git, ant, gradle, python, kotlin.
- You are a strong team player but are able to work independently
- You are dedicated to delivering high quality and performant solutions
- You are eager to learn new things, you take ownership and want to get things done
- You have good communication skills, both written and oral
- Full professional proficiency in English is a requirement
About Trimble Transport & Logistics
We are a division of Trimble, whose positioning solutions are used in over 100 countries and in diverse lines of business, ranging from Agriculture, Construction and Surveying to Fleet Management, Public Safety and Consumer Applications. At Trimble, employee satisfaction goes hand in hand with customer satisfaction. Our goal is to build strong relationships that create a robust company and a profitable future. Position yourself with an innovative leader and position yourself for success!
We offer you a career with an innovative leader in telematics solutions
Trimble Transport & Logistics is the leading provider of advanced transport management solutions that maximize productivity and enhance profitability for our customers. We are an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best.