Since our founding in 1983, TMW Systems has become the nation’s leading developer of enterprise software for transportation service companies and logistics operations. From our offices in seven cities across the US and Canada, we enhance vital supply chains in North America that connect manufacturing, raw material, agriculture, oil & energy, retail, wholesale, food & beverage, distribution businesses and mobile service providers with higher efficiency, greater visibility and improved responsiveness. Our expanding product range covers operations, dispatch, finance, business intelligence, process optimization, routing and scheduling, asset maintenance and a variety of cloud-based applications and services. We serve over 3,000 distinct customers in commercial and private transportation sectors, from trucking and distribution to 3PLs, construction fleets, municipal and waste management fleets, plus fuel & energy. Our most valued business asset continues to be our Associates--high-performing professionals with exceptional capability, creativity and ingenuity. Our people demonstrate strong dedication to their own success and that of TMW Systems, Inc.
As a vital member of the software development team, you will design, develop, optimize and test applications based on IBM i / RPG-ILE. While working with newer technologies including WebServices
- Bachelor Degree Computer Science
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to own projects and work with minimal direction
- Provide input as needed towards mentoring other developers
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- 15 + years of RPG programming experience
- 5+ years of experience with RPG-ILE
- 1+ years of experience with WebServices
- Object-oriented programming such as C# a plus
- Experience with complex SQL (Dynamic, Stored Procedures and Triggers)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity and experience with architectural design
- Troubleshooting and supporting ERP systems
- Ability to work in a team environment, work with and motivate others
- Prior transportation industry experience a definite plus
- Provide on call support as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Languages : IBM i / RPG-ILE
- Databases : DB II
- Web services development
- Mobile Communications development
- Relational Database Administration experience
- Technical writing experience
- Support experience
- Constant and close visual work at desk or computer
- Constant sitting and working at desk
- Frequent verbal and written communication with team and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person
- Frequent lifting of folders, files, binders and other objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Frequent opening and closing of heavy file drawers
- Occasional bending and stooping to pick up boxes and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent walking and standing
- Occasional driving of automobiles
Travel Required: 5%
TMW Systems is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic.
TMW Systems Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of TMW via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of TMW. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TMW as a result of the referral or through other means.