Trimble is recruiting for a
Network Operations Technician (m/f/d)
Location: Munich, Germany
Join the industry leader in GNSS technology and position yourself for success!
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so, are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business. Our 11,000+ employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. As a global player we offer plenty of opportunity at Trimble for exceptional people to grow.
Trimble Advanced Positioning (TAP), a Division of Trimble, provides its customers with a suite of accurate, reliable, and globally accessible Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) correction services to support their high performance positioning needs. Our GNSS real-time corrections are available via internet and satellite broadcast, and deliver positioning accuracy down to 2 cm in real-time. They are applied in precision farming, surveying, construction and scientific applications, and more recently also in the automotive industry enabling autonomous driving technologies.
The Network Operations team of TAP, a global team of engineers with GNSS and IT expertise, operate and manage the ground infrastructure of our GNSS corrections services. They guarantee continuous uptime and ensure the high quality standards of our industry-leading, global real-time service Trimble RTX along with the well-established portfolio of regional Trimble VRS Now services in Australia, Europe and North America. Collaborating closely with Trimble’s software engineering departments, the Network Operations team applies state-of-art technology like cloud infrastructure and virtualization to support the current business and its ongoing network expansion projects worldwide.
The Network Operations Technician operates the Trimble RTX and Trimble VRS Now services and the underlying IT systems infrastructure. The position is based at the Trimble Terrasat GmbH office in Höhenkirchen/Munich, Germany, home of 90 Trimble employees and well-known in the industry for exceptional R&D work.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Operation of GNSS-based services and applications
- Monitoring of on-premis and cloud-based Windows systems and IT infrastructure
- Handling incidents according to standard operations procedures
- 2nd-level support for our customers
- Supporting service and project teams on improvement and expansion projects.
Required skills & experience:
- Bachelor's degree or 3-4 year of professional experience in information technology / computer science / geomatics or related engineering discipline
- English language proficiency (C1 level).
Preferred / nice-to-have experience:
- Work experience in the IT or geomatics area
- Knowledge of geodesy and/or GNSS systems
- Experience with Trimble or other brand GNSS hard- and software
- Experience with GNSS network solutions and Precise Point Positioning technology
- Knowledge of satellite broadcast communications
- Experience with ITSM solutions and ITIL, familiarity with operating in ISO 20000
- Experience in server administration (Windows Server), virtualization (VMware) and Cloud IT (AWS, Azure), SQL database management
- IT security knowledge
- German language skills.
- Full-time, permanent employment contract
- Competitive remuneration
- 30 days of paid leave
- Flexible work(time) model, family-friendly environment
- A corporate culture deeply rooted in clearly defined company values of customer focus, innovation, accountability, integrity and respect
- Team spirit of a highly motivated international Network Operations team
- International travel opportunities
- Working closely with exceptional scientists and engineers of 19 different nationalities on site
- Chance for personal development through training and education opportunities
- Career opportunities within Network Operations and Trimble locally and globally
- Corporate benefits
- Convenient public transportation and Autobahn nearby
- Free membership in Munich’s prime fitness studios.
Please apply online at http://trimble.com/careers or send your application directly to HR_Europe@Trimble.com