Viewpoint has an immediate opening in the Chennai, India office for a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer will join our Analytics Platform team and be responsible for developing and maintaining the data processing pipeline that transforms data into forms that can be easily analyzed in data warehouses. The candidate will work to optimize the data flow and data collection to serve the needs of application developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists that are working to provide BI tools, dashboards, and intelligent application capabilities for Viewpoint’s next generation ERP solution. The right candidate will be self-motivated, learn quickly, and have passion for data and software engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Architects and builds ETL infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of sources into data lakes and data warehouses using cloud-based big data technologies.
- Creates and evolves dimensional data models & schema designs to structure data for business-relevant reporting & analytics.
- Designs and builds the deployment elements of data architecture.
- Assembles large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Develops and integrates processes that comply with data governance policies to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a strong customer-service orientation and commitment to ensuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, and customers.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them clearly to individuals with varied backgrounds and skill levels.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and able to read and interpret written information.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Minimum 8 yrs of experience working as a software engineer in commercial software development.
- Minimum 5 yrs working with relational database systems.
- In-depth database experience, knowledge and programming with Microsoft SQL Server – SQL.
- Knowledge and experience programming with object-oriented and scripting languages – C#, Python, Java.
- Experience with data storage and retrieval and business intelligence infrastructures & big data architectures.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure technologies, Snowflake, Databricks is highly desirable.
- Familiarity and experience with machine learning and optimization is highly desirable.
- Experience with micro-service architectures and RESTful APIs is highly desirable.
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software practices.
- Excellent communication, listening, and collaboration skills
- BE/BTech/ME/MTech/M.S. in Computer Science Engineering or an equivalent degree