Trimble is recruiting for a Functional Safety Engineer to fill an opportunity in Salzkotten, NW Germany.
As the Functional Safety Engineer, you will support the development and implementation of the Functional Safety Plan for electronic control systems, consistent with project and system architecture objectives. This includes having a focus on international ISO NORMS (i.e. ISO 25119 and ISO 13849), acting as a safety interface with developers, suppliers, and supporting design engineers to develop technical safety solutions for agricultural products.
- Support the definition and maintenance of the functional safety process.
- Understand the functional safety needs and requirements for various projects and manage the design of functional safety that will support the System Architecture team’s objectives
- Development of technical work products specific to functional safety, e.g. hazard and risk assessment, item definition, functional safety concept, technical safety concept, technical safety requirements, FTAs, FMEDAs, criticality analyses, other safety analyses, test case specifications for safety requirements.
- Support system, electrical, software, component engineers to develop/design compliance in accordance with the safety standard.
- Develop hardware and software documentation standards for regulatory work products.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering preferred)
- 5+ years of engineering product development experience
- Functional safety experience in the implementation at engineering level with ISO 13849, ISO 61508, ISO 26262, ISO 25119 or similar
- Demonstrable experience with current state-of-the-art EE technologies and is eager to stay expert in his/her domain of technology
- Demonstrated experience working on functional safety development projects
- Understanding of "V" model development for EE systems engineering processes
- Ability to communicate successfully both verbally and in writing in German and in English with a wide variety of people and audiences
Preferred / Nice-to-Have Qualifications:
- Experience using certified RTOSs (Real Time Operations Systems) / Safety Certified RTOSs is a plus
- Minimum of 1 year of active usage of Advanced Documentation Management Systems such as DOORS or Polarion is a plus
- Knowledge of CAN based on-road and off-road vehicle EE architectures and system implementations is a plus
- Experience with Vector tools such as Canalizer, Canoe, CAN bus, SAE J1939, KWP2000, protocols is a plus
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.