Structures division at Trimble Solutions Corporation provides the construction industry with Tekla Building Information Modelling (BIM) and structural design and analysis software solutions that are in the core of the construction workflow. The solutions allow customers to achieve greater competitive edge through improved collaboration, efficiency and accuracy. Tekla tools are used for realizing projects around the world from housing and bridges to factories and skyscrapers.
We are looking for a Technical Support Consultant, emphasis on the Technical, to join our Services team in Leeds. This is not a call centre, this is a team of people working together to help customers get the best out of Trimble’s Tekla Structural Designer and TEDDS software. Our customers use our software to design everything from factory buildings to the iconic structures all across the UK. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and become one of our experts.
Trimble employees represent diversity and can be found in over 40 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. If you are a civil, structural or construction engineer and want to take a new direction in your career, you might be the person we are looking for.
Your main tasks will include:
- Delivering high level technical support to the users of our structural analysis and design software. Speaking to customers on the phone, by email or answering questions on our forums
- Creating, updating and delivering training courses either in our Leeds based training centre or at sites around the UK/Ireland.
- Building our knowledge base by writing technical support content to Tekla User Assistance site
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- Have a degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent, from an accredited University.
- Have structural engineering design experience using design software.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to produce clear and structured texts
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Utilise excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Are patient and organised with the ability to multi-task.
We also appreciate:
- General understanding of software development processes
- Passion for customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Professional experience of using Tekla Structural designer and Tekla TEDDS
This is not an IT support role; knowledge of civil / structural engineering is essential.