Title: Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Minnetonka, MN
The Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for managing multiple teams of software
developers. These teams will be developing cloud based solutions for the transportation
industry. Software engineers from these teams will report directly to the resource manager.
This person will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the development teams at
all times. This includes team members that are both local, remote, and overseas. The
Manager is very much expected to take all of the management responsibilities off the team so
they can focus on the development tasks.
● Hiring & teambuilding
- Submit and manage hiring requisitions for new employees
- Organize and oversee interviewing and evaluation of candidates
- Handle onboarding of new employees
● Performance reviews
- Perform regular in-person performance reviews
- Establish team member goals and monitor progress towards them
- When necessary, identify poor performers and manage them back to expectations
● Assist employees in their career paths
● Resource capacity planning
- Understand the work that the teams are expected to do
- Identify shortfalls in resources or in work and help ensure teams are productive and are not over committed
● Project tracking - Stay informed on team goals and help ensure they stay on track towards those goals
● Budget & contractor management
- Work with other resource managers to prepare and manage the annual budget.
- Onboard and offboard contractors as needed
- Manage the purchase order and receiving process for hours worked
- Strong people skills, comfortable with a wide range of people and personalities. This is primarily for employees that report directly to the manager but also includes other groups such as customers, sales people, and executives.
- 5+ years experience in leading enterprise software development teams
- Understand development processes such as scrum, kanban, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams that deliver large complex services to production successfully
- Strong communications skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented & well organized
- Must be comfortable and capable of balancing many different projects and priorities at the same time
- Previous experience in transportation
- Bachelors or higher degree
- Software development experience
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion,
national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor.