Founded in 1995 and based in Plantation, Florida, e-Builder, a Trimble Company, is the pioneer of a fully integrated, cloud-based construction management software. Our client list reads as the “who’s, who” in all our vertical markets: Facebook, CalTech, INOVA Healthcare, and Chicago Transit Authority – to name just a few - . As one of the fastest growing companies in South Florida, we are proud to be named a ‘Florida Company to Watch,’ to be nominated as one of South Florida’s best places to work and have our CEO named South Florida Business Journal’s Ultimate CEO. We’re excited to find innovative ways to combine technology with construction with a fun work environment. To learn more about our award-winning organization and corporate culture visit www.e-builder.netWe are looking for a Senior UX Designer responsible to:
- Lead User Experience on cross-functional teams. Able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Plan and conduct user research, interviews, co-creation sessions and surveys, translating them into JTBD Canvases, user journeys, sitemaps, workflows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes optimized for native and web.
- Collaborates with other UX team members designing the overall patterns, styles and functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience. Confident and able to articulate the use of different design elements and patterns. Understands and is able to articulate the importance of following a common brand style.
- Take a Lean UX user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs. Confident to create prototypes quickly using high and low fidelity and knowing when either is appropriate.
- Make strategic design and UX decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Facilitate desired outcomes working with MVPs conceptualizing, visualizing and communicating ideas throughout lifecycle.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders contributing to brainstorming discussions, story mapping, contributing to writing user stories, BDDs and estimations.
- Uses research, analytics and metrics to make informed design decisions. Confident in research methodologies and best practices for usability testing, surveys, analyzing data and presenting data.
- Identify design problems and create delightful solutions. Confident with interaction design and knowing when to use certain patterns. Confident with information architecture and understanding the model of the users work domain.
- Prepare digital assets for development team including icons, page layouts with consideration of contrast and other accessibility requirements.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas. Conducts themselves as a leader by listening and considering alternative views remaining approachable and leading others. Able to persuade team advocating for the users. Confident to drive team toward consensus.
- Confident to facilitate critiques as a strong leader. Raises the bar on discussions meetings and desired outcomes.
- 5+ years of UX design experience. Preference given to candidates with experience designing complex B2B solutions for web, iOS and Android. Experience with web design patterns and Accessibility compliance knowledge.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design. A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design. Experience with Jobs-To-Be-Done a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in crafting usable digital interfaces using UX software such as Adobe Suite, Sketch, In-Vision and the like is a must. Basic understanding of HTML5, CSS3.
- Ability to work with clients both external and internal to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Portfolio of works required.
- Experience with Confluence and JIRA and / or in construction industry a plus.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Keeping abreast of industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Excellent collaboration skills and desire to keep learning new things. Being willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Leads by example always behaving professionally and working in the best interests of the company.
If you can accomplish the above then you have what it takes to be a successful Sr. UX Designer here at e-Builder!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace