Software Engineer, SketchUp Desktop Client Team
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Our core technologies in spatial positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability in design, architecture and construction.
Part of Trimble, SketchUp is one of the most popular 3D modeling and design tools in the world. Today, millions of architects, engineers, contractors, woodworkers, artists, and other creatives use our software to design transit centers, treehouses, and everything in between.
As a member of the SketchUp Pro engineering team, you’ll be delivering cutting edge 3D software on Windows and Mac, helping people everywhere express and communicate their ideas. If you have ever used SketchUp then you know it’s cool software. You can help us make it even better. You are highly skilled, motivated, collaborative -- and pretty low-key about it all. You already have some experience writing scalable applications and have a ‘quality-first’ mindset. And you’re excited to roll up your sleeves on the next big challenge.
- Develop C++ code to extend and improve the SketchUp Pro family of products
- Do cross-platform development for Windows and Mac
- Collaborate with developers on our team and on other teams
- Work with Product Management to spec features and QA to help test your code
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Solid foundation in developing client applications (preferably at least 3 years of experience)
- Strength in either Windows or Mac UI development but not necessarily both:
- Windows: MFC/Win32
- Mac: Objective-C/Cocoa
- Familiarity with common commercial software development best practices
Nice to have:
- Experience in SAFe / Agile development environment
- Interest in developing UIs and working with UX designers
- Ruby experience
- Familiarity with SketchUp and visually creative industries like architecture, interior design, landscape design, or woodworking
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D