Trimble is recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to fill an opportunity in Sunnyvale, CA.
This role supports the Advanced Automotive Positioning Division and contributes to the development and enhancement of precise positioning technology for collision avoidance, assisted driving and autonomous vehicle applications. In addition, this engineering role will help the Division expand into adjacent markets and reinforce the Division’s reputation for exceptional customer satisfaction.
Supporting a lean, collaborative and agile organization, this electrical engineer will interface with all functional groups in the Division and will have a direct and measurable influence on the Division’s success.
- Design and sustaining engineering responsibility for new and existing positioning products.
- Identifying and validating key components that enhance product performance, quality and cost.
- Collaborate with the Quality, Compliance, Production and Validation groups to ensure products are correctly tested and represented.
- Participate in complex failure analysis investigations and provide guidance to the Service organization.
Trimble hires and develops successful contributors with a variety of backgrounds and experience. Consider the list below a guideline, rather than an absolute rule. If you feel you have relevant experience and a passion for the type of technology we develop, please submit your credentials for consideration.
- BSEE required (MSEE a plus).
- 5+ years of experience as a design engineer, product engineer or sustaining engineer. A mixture of experience would be ideal.
- Familiarity with small embedded systems containing a mixture of analog and digital technologies.
- Comfort working in a collaborative environment supporting multiple functional groups.
- The focus, organization and initiative necessary to own and complete development assignments in a timely fashion while supporting the overall goals of the organization.
- Experience developing and supporting products for automotive applications with demanding quality expectations a plus.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D