- Viewpoint COPS Organization requires a Cloud Technical Lead working out of Portland for our global products.
- To provide senior technical and architectural leadership for Viewpoints Cloud environments and team. This role will be responsible for analyzing current cloud systems architecture strengths and limitations, provide technical thought leadership for improving our products and platform. You’ll take the lead in analyzing industry trends, and advocating for architectural and technology changes to take advantage of new technologies. Typical candidates for this role would have spent the last 3+ years in a technical role in Azure Cloud and with strong understanding of the offerings.
- Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on the Cloud
- Selecting appropriate Cloud services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on Cloud Platforms
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations on Cloud Platforms
- Implementing cost-control strategies
About the Role:
Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts for Infrastructure.
- Evangelize re-use through implementation of shared assets.
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Guidance of engineering staff and reviews of as-built configurations during construction phase
- Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for solution operations
- Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
Considers the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable DevOps plans
- Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
Leadership skills be able to inspire others and persuade
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions.
- Ability to rapidly gain knowledge of the organizational structure of the firm to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
- Knowledge and experience in IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used.
- Familiar with solution implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
- Maintains close awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application for service offerings and products.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 15+ years overall IT industry experience
- Minimum of 3+ years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Experience with any of the following: O365, Azure, Azure Stack, Azure AD
- Experience with claims based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience building and supporting mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
- Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises
- Extensive, real-world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures and reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies
Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, DSC, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.
- Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, Cassandra, Couchbase
- Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
- Experience with data ingestion technologies such as Aspera, MoveIT, Azure Data Factory, SSIS, Pentaho, Alteryx
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI, D3, Scrapinghub
- Experience with machine learning tools such as Azure ML, IBM, AWS, etc.
- Experience in distilling complex technical challenges to actionable decisions for stakeholders and guiding project teams by building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary.
- Experience coordinating the intersection of complex system dependencies and interactions
- Experience in solution delivery using common methodologies especially SAFe Agile but also Waterfall, Iterative etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry trends and standards
- Implement, Manage containers on Azure
Exposure to infrastructure and application security technologies and approaches
- Familiarity with requirements gathering techniques.
Certification Requirements (at least one):
Microsoft Azure Solution Architect, TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL, CCNA,.