Trimble are committed to Transforming the way the world works. Join us and become part of a culture of innovation; working with clients to deliver real estate technology in an ever-changing industry. If you are looking for a varied role in a global company that offers both career growth as well as a close-knit working group, choose Trimble Real Estate + Workplace Solutions (RE&WS); recognized as a leader of IWMS for over a decade with some of the best minds in the industry.
SALES ENGINEER – Real Estate & Workplace Location: Boston / MetroWest area preferably
The Sales Engineer will assume primary responsibility for pre-sales solution architecture and presentation of Trimble RE&WS solutions.
The Sales Engineer role requires strong verbal and written communication skills, needs analysis, positioning, business justification and presentation techniques. Demonstrated ability to create and articulate solutions to complex technical problems. Ability to travel is required.
Sales Engineer Requirements
On each engagement a Sales Engineer will be responsible to:
- Understand and translate customer business context for a wide variety of industries into Manhattan, CenterStone and Trimble Space Scheduling solutions.
- Listen to and analyse customer business issues and coordinate subject matter experts to construct a solution that addresses those issues.
- Demonstrate the Manhattan, Space Scheduling and CenterStone Solutions in a coordinated manner to prospects.
- Maintain up-to-date product and service knowledge around Manhattan, Space Scheduling and CenterStone solution offerings.
- Participate in the design of sales support materials and sales consultant training.
- Participate in the completion of RFIs, and RFPs.
- Engage in continuous education and improvement in industry and professional knowledge.
- Create “Best Practices” for solution development by harvesting successful solution assets in a reusable format for subsequent engagements.
Subject matter expertise in corporate real estate and workplace management can include one or more of the following:
- Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS)
- Lease Accounting
- Lease Administration
- Computer-Aided Facilities Management (CAFM)
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Corporate Real Estate and Portfolio Management
- Presentation tools (e.g. Webex, Go to Meeting, PowerPoint)
- Web-based Software Architecture
- Relational Database Management (SQL, Microsoft SQLServer™, Oracle)
- Preferable: Reporting Software (e.g. Seagate Crystal Reports™, BI & Analytics)
- An understanding of accounting principles
- Experience of accounting practices in the real estate industry (FASB / IFRS), preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, consulting, negotiation)
- Self-starter who has the ability to mentor and/or inspire teammates
- Detail- and results-oriented approach
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working with web-based application software
- Experience working in a Corporate Real Estate Management or Facilities preferred, but not required
- Willingness to travel (as required, up to 30%)
- ACCA or CPA preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin, Facilities Management & Space Planning, Property & Real Estate, B.S. Accounting or Finance or commensurate level of experience in this space
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor.