Trimble is recruiting for a Senior International Tax Manager, Compliance and Provision to fill an opportunity in Sunnyvale, CA.
Trimble is seeking a tax professional to join our highly successful company in the growth mode…become part of an international publicly-traded organization recognized for their exceptional working environment, stellar benefits and competitive salary packages. You will gain exposure to a broad range of experiences in all areas of international taxation.
The Senior International Tax Manager is a critical role within the Income Tax function of Trimble’s Tax Department. This position is responsible for the managing the non-US entity US GAAP income tax provisions, including consolidation and oversight of foreign provisions prepared by local country controllers.
The Senior International Tax Manager reports to the Director of International Tax- Tax Provision, Compliance and Transfer Pricing. The role has significant interaction with other members of the Trimble Tax team, Corporate Controllership and the finance organization. Accordingly, the ability to work with global teams remotely is a key skill.
- Prepare, review, and manage all aspects of U.S. international income tax provision and compliance, including E&P, Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, FTC limitation, etc.
- Manage all aspects of US GAAP tax accounting of non-US operations for the quarterly close process, including:
- Preparation and/or review of foreign subsidiary tax provision packages
- Current and deferred provision calculations
- Return-to-provision calculation and analysis
- Reconciliation and analysis of tax accounts for foreign subsidiaries
- Analysis of valuation allowance, and preparation of tax memos related thereto
- Provide tax support to local country controllers.
- Support FIN 48 tax accounting related to international income tax positions of the company.
- Manage and support international tax compliance of US tax return, and foreign income tax compliance
- Assist with maintaining global transfer pricing policies and calculations, including the preparation, review and maintenance of transfer pricing documentation, Country by Country reporting compliance, and other TP reporting process
- Support US and International tax audits as needed, including provide analysis to support salient tax positions taken
- Support tax process documentation and SOX controls.
- Research and analyze impact of tax legislation and regulatory proposals.
- Identify and support tax technology and process improvement initiatives
- Ad hoc tax projects as required or as needed.
- BA/BS degree in accounting, CPA and/or Masters in Tax preferred.
- Combination of private industry and Big 4 background
- Minimum 10 years overall experience with US multinational operations, with 5 or more years of hands on experience in provision and US international tax compliance in a tax department of a large multi-national corporation
- Strong understanding of and experience with ASC740 (FAS109), FIN48 and US GAAP tax accounting principles
- Strong technical experience in US tax reform international tax issues
- High degree of accuracy and proven ability to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized thinker with strong accounting, analytical and computer skills.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, and willing to take ownership of projects
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel, across functions, organizations and with external contacts.
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
We are Trimble! We design, build, and maintain roads and buildings. We survey land and subdivide areas into cities. We improve crop yield in farms to feed and fuel cities. We track vehicles that transport goods from point A to B to support the economy and feed cities. We have solutions that meet the needs of the eco-system. This is the universe we live in and this is what we do. We transform the way the world works.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D