Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is recruiting for a Cyber Security Architect to fill an opportunity in Christchurch, New Zealand.
The CTCT division (a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar) develops positioning, control and automation products for earthmoving and paving machines in the construction and mining industries, using technologies such as GNSS, optical total stations, lasers and sonics. The products are used in a range of applications where the operator of the machine benefits from having accurate horizontal and vertical guidance. For more information on currently developed products, see http://construction.trimble.com/earthworks
- Work closely with product management, software architects, engineering and security specialists to identify threats and vulnerabilities in our current and planned products, assess risks and impacts, and recommend and implement appropriate controls.
- Align with Trimble/Caterpillar Cyber Security Guidelines. Leverage best practices, such as for a Secure Development Lifecycle, from industry and Trimble/Caterpillar.
- Clearly articulate cyber risks and solutions to diverse audiences.
- Ensure that anyone who might alter the attack surface is aware of their responsibilities, and has the necessary understanding to act appropriately.
- Regularly assess and report on Cyber Security capabilities and status for both the product and the engineering process.
- Embed Cyber Security into everyday development processes.
- Lead action in response to CVEs and other identified vulnerabilities.
- Research and understand emerging information security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Research, design and advocate for new technologies, architectures and security products that will support the security requirements for our products.
- 10+ years in Information Security.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Broad knowledge across multiple domains including software development, web applications, firmware, QA / test engineering and operations.
- Experience consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices, and the implementation of solid security principles across the organization to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.
- 15% travel as required
- Current understanding of industry trends and emerging threats.
- Experience with ISO27001, SAE J3061 or similar.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player who is able to advocate effectively for new technologies and processes.
Note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a New Zealand citizen, you must have the right of permanent residence or a work permit.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, colour, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D