Title: Sr. QA / Automation
Location: Londrina (virtual for now)
Department: Trimble Transportation is a Trimble Company and part of Trimble’s international Transportation and Logistics division.
Are you passionate about technology? Does collaborating with developers on a daily basis excite you? At Trimble Transportation, we are passionate about our people, our customers, our culture, and our technology. We are seeking a Sr Quality Assurance Engineer to join an exciting, high-growth environment. The qualified candidate will have a strong focus on details, accuracy and problem solving, as well as dedication to delivering high quality software products. Come join us and help build the technology that will define the future of transportation solutions.
● Responsible for contributing to all aspects of testing from identifying scope and scenarios to executing end-to-end, manual, and automated testing.
● Participate in backlog grooming including estimating and defining acceptance criteria, identifying potential gaps in coverage and business logic.
● Work with project team to prioritize Quality Assurance tasks required for the release of a project
● Assist in troubleshooting escalations, root cause analysis and informing team of possible impact
● Leverage tools and methodologies to improve processes, test coverage and efficiency
● Help team members meet their tasks and timelines
● Run and maintain regression tests to ensure team confidence in releases.
● Communicates through cross-team collaboration with Quality Assurance and developers from other teams as needed.
● Evangelize and mentor quality best practices to the team.
● Champion creative solutions within team
● Availability to work in evenings bi-weekly to validate releases.
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or math preferred, or equivalent technical experience accepted
● 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience
● 2+ years experience testing in a back-end enterprise cloud environment.
● Experience building, executing and maintaining organized test plans
● Experience with test case management tools
● Experience validating data from its source through database queries
● Hands-on experience with Node.js, Java, groovy.
● Experience working in an agile/scrum team
● Applies solid development principles to software development practices
● Experience in the transportation industry, original equipment manufacturers or telecommunications industry, is a plus.