Title: Quality Assurance Analyst I
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Department: Quality Assurance
At Trimble we are passionate about our people, our customers, our culture, and especially our technology. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference in a self-empowered and agile organization that encourages new ideas through collaboration and creativity. This role will focus on manual testing of our embedded devices. Come join us and help us build the technology that will define the future of fleet mobility solutions. We are seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst I at our office in Eden Prairie. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Tests from existing test cases, demonstrating understanding of product functionality. Runs regression tests with minimal assistance.
- Writes test cases against new functionality using acceptance criteria and user stories with input from more senior team members.
- Reports defects with accuracy and detail in accordance with our bug writing standards. Reviews with a more senior team member for validation and impact analysis.
- Actively works with the development team on resolving easily identifiable bugs with an easily reproducible path.
- Demonstrates product knowledge in trained areas.
- Proactively seeks help when needed in order to meet set objectives. Shows initiative and drives to complete assigned tasks.
- Accurately reports status to QA project lead and during daily standups.
- Meets project timelines agreed upon within the team. Works on tasks according to priority set by team. Escalates conflicting priorities to QA management for clarification.
- Aptitude for troubleshooting; Proactively tries to solve issues encountered while testing.
- Learns QA best practices using the company's chosen methodology. Adheres to testing formats and tools as set by QA leadership.
- Receptive to feedback and takes direction on how to make adjustments.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- 2-year degree or equivalent experience in a software related field preferred
- Experience in the transportation industry preferred
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D