Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is recruiting a Security Engineer to fill an opportunity in Christchurch, NZ.
You are a self-motivated and versatile Security Engineer to join the global Trimble Cyber Security Team, which is responsible for securing Trimble’s product and enterprise systems. You will be a visible member of our security operations and incident response team (SOC) and will help us advance capabilities across the entire enterprise.
The role requires someone who can use their initiative and work well independently as well as part of a global team, and be prepared to work flexible working hours.
- Provide thought leadership on incident detection techniques within given tool set
- Support the operation of the Incident Response process working with technical teams and senior management
- Lead the creation of standardised tooling to provide incident detection services across a wide range of infrastructures
- Tune existing tooling to increase fidelity of detected events
- Create and execute threat hunting processes
- Mentor and share expertise with junior staff
- Champion cross business and function awareness to ensure deep visibility into cyber events throughout the company
- Provide data analytics and programming around detect tools to demonstrate efficacy and highlight gaps
- Create and maintain incident documentation detailing tools, techniques and processes for SOC members to follow.
- Ability to work independently to achieve outcomes
- Flexibility to meet with global team members during non-traditional working hours
Required Skills and Experience
- 4 years experience as a System Administrator or similar role
- Deep understanding of OS internals (Windows and Linux)
- Enterprise IT knowledge (WANs, Active Directory, Virtualization)
- Strong scripting experience: Python, Bash, PowerShell and perl programming as it relates to automation
- Understanding of cloud security (AWS, Azure, GCP), containers, orchestration and automation
- Ability to apply security fundamentals to emerging technologies
- Experience of responding to and managing security incidents
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Security certifications (CISSP, CEH, GSEC, GCIA…)
- Understanding of enterprise logging solutions/SIEM
- Experience with Endpoint Security products such as CrowdStrike, snort, proxies, Cisco and palo alto firewalls
- Cybersecurity experience in a software development company
- Experience in Threat Hunting
Note: Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modelling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability.
From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.