Trimble is recruiting for a Business Unit Controller to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
We are currently looking for an exceptional Business Unit Controller in our Trimble Agriculture Business Solutions Division. This position establishes economic, financial, and strategic objectives for the division. Incumbent provides financial counsel on major business decisions and controls and safeguards division assets. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Position reports to the Natural Resources Sector Controller.
Leadership Positions: Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, by continually adapting to circumstances while not losing sight of the end goal; demonstrating the strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
- Responsible for the integrity of the division’s financial statements.
- Understands and communicates the division’s financial results and trends to the division management team (GM, Functional Directors, Business Unit Directors) and Corporate Finance. Recommends an appropriate course of action when results differ from the plan.
- Develops quarterly forecast and annual budgets and updates forecasts as appropriate throughout the time period.
- Actively involved in acquisition planning, due diligence, and integration.
- Actively involved in the division’s resource planning.
- Actively involved in developing and analyzing the division’s product and market development plans.
- Works with division management in developing pricing policies.
- Develops working capital initiatives that maximize the division’s return on inventory and receivables.
- Develops receivable initiatives jointly with Corporate Treasury.
- Reviews and approves division’s capital expenditures to assure compliance to the division’s goals and priorities as well as return on investment initiatives.
- Reviews major contracts to assure accounting treatment is in accordance with Corporate and US GAAP policy.
- Plays a critical role in the division’s business development needs such as acquisitions or strategic partnering relationships.
- Develops formal and ad hoc reports & dashboards that are required by division management in running the business.
Key Organizational Interfaces:
- Corporate executive management team.
- Sector VP/GM and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- MBA strongly preferred.
- CPA is beneficial.
- Minimum of 7 years in the accounting profession.
- Minimum 3 years in a management capacity.
Characteristics / Skills:
- Prior experience in supporting software business, with experience in transitioning from desktop to SaaS model and with implementing SaaS metrics reporting systems a definite plus.
- Deep and current understanding of accounting procedures, i.e. U. S. GAAP, SEC reporting and particularly revenue recognition practices.
- Strong Excel and financial modeling skills.
- Strong analytical and planning experience in a global, publicly-traded company.
- Ability to work with executive management in confidently articulating and driving financial and operational strategies.
- Possess a solid understanding of the financial impact of business decisions.
- Ability to define and achieve business goals, and to drive to resolution on critical issues.
- Ability to communicate across business functions and divisions.
- Solid presentation skills at the executive management level.
- Highly developed leadership and management experience and the ability to develop talent, e.g., Business Unit Directors’ financial acumen.
- Extensive knowledge of business systems software and ERP solutions, i.e. Oracle, ASK, Hyperion.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial, and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D