Software Engineer (contract role)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Department: Military & Advanced Systems
Trimble is the market leader in precision high-performance GPS systems. We are seeking a self-motivated software engineer with disciplined implementation and analytical skills to join the engineering team. In this position you will join a tight-knit team of talented developers in a stable and supportive work environment, where you can quickly see the positive impact of your efforts. You will interact closely with hardware, firmware, system engineering, and test teams to continue widening our advantage in leading-edge GPS systems meeting the most demanding performance needs, such as aircraft navigation.
The Software Engineer will work closely with System Engineering to design and implement Windows PC-based software tools to communicate with and manage our embedded GPS receivers. He or she will plan and scope development effort, follow structured development processes to design, document, implement, and verify software utilities.
The successful applicant will have a BS in CS, EE, or equivalent and 3 years’ experience designing and implementing software and automation tools for real-time embedded systems, and will meet the following requirements:
- Experience generating modular object-oriented structure incorporating design for reuse, design for maintainability, and user-friendly interfaces.
- Demonstrated discipline generating documentation for architecture, design, and user guides.
- Experience controlling and interfacing with real-time embedded systems, and with managing compiler and build management tools.
- Expertise with C, python, and real-time control interfaces in a Windows environment; accomplished with data management and analysis tools.
- Familiarity with requirements-based software development processes.
- Collaborative, team-oriented contributor with demonstrated ability to think outside the box and achieve goals.
- Strong communication, organization, planning, and documentation skills.
Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance is required. Applicants must clearly indicate citizenship and any previous DoD security clearance activity.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D