Title: Director, Information Security
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com.
The Information Security Director performs two core functions for the organization. The first is overseeing security solutions operations through management of the organization’s security analysts. The second is establishing a security stance through policy, architecture, and training processes. Secondary tasks will include the selection of appropriate security solutions and oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments. The Security Director interfaces with peers in the Systems and Network departments, clients/vendors/partners, and leaders within the business units to share the corporate security vision with those individuals and solicit their involvement in achieving higher levels of security through information sharing and co-operation.
Strategy & Planning
- Create and maintain the organization’s security architecture design.
- Create, and maintain the organization’s security awareness training program.
- Create and maintain the organization’s security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
- Create and maintain the organization’s Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, where appropriate.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes, and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Select and acquire additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall security per existing procurement processes.
- Oversee the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the organization’s security documents specifically.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through workstations, servers, and other systems, databases, and other repositories.
- Ensure the enforcement of organization security documents.
- Supervise all investigations into problematic activity and provide on-going communication with senior management.
- Supervise the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, and security audits.
- Perform regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with security documents.
- Engage in ongoing communications with peers in the Systems and Networking groups as well as the various business groups to ensure understanding of security goals, to solicit feedback, and to foster co-operation.
- 8+ years of System Security or Operations experience
- ISO 27001 Experience
- Experience with establishing security standards
- Experience leading teams and achieving long term goals
- Ability to oversee internal security audits, vulnerability scans and penetration tests
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ensure that compliance with industry standard frameworks is best for the organization
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to educate teams as to how proper security procedures can actually reduce support incidents
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D