Title: Electronic Technician
Location: Victor, NY
Trimble is recruiting for an Electronics Technician to fill a temp-hire opportunity in Victor, New York.
Trimble Water is a leading provider of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for monitoring Water and Wastewater networks to protect public health and the environment. With our Telog portfolio of Smart Water solutions, we continue to be pioneers of IoT technology in the Water industry. We have an opening within our team for a Firmware Engineer to develop solutions within our IoT product portfolio, our range of metering handheld devices and GNSS receivers.
Working as part of our Customer Service team, the technician will be responsible for the assessment, troubleshooting and repair of our IOT (Internet of Things) devices. Part of the job will be working on cutting edge products in the IoT arena. These products are primarily targeted for the water industry but the technology will be applicable across numerous markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performing triage and assessment of returned devices.
- Troubleshooting electronic devices and performing minor rework/repairs.
- Documentation of assessment and repair outcomes on a daily basis.
- Communication of findings to colleagues and/or customers.
- Apply knowledge and ability to use hand tools and operate test equipment such as test meters, oscilloscope, ammeters, voltmeters or ohmmeters according to established procedures.
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is essential while a Bachelors degree would be desirable.
- 1 or more years of experience in an electronics technician environment
- Proven ability to read and understand schematics
- Self-starter attitude who can work effectively both as a member of a team and as an individual contributor
- Capable of using computers and lab equipment for testing products and writing technical reports.
- Organization and Time management skills
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D