Position Profile - UX Designer Senior
The main function of the Interaction Designer is to create visually stunning interactive designs for the next generation of mobile, web and wearable applications, including multi-device integration & sync, as well as multiple reality for Trimble’s 5 main business verticals. In this capacity, the designer shall work with Product Managers, Designers and Developers across global Trimble locations and convert product ideas and software requirements into original designs that create a compelling user experience with the right mix of style, storytelling and brand identity. The designer shall also participate in product ideation and concept development initiatives within the organization.
The designer must be able to produce design specifications, information architecture, wireframes and visual design elements such as screen layouts, icons, transitions, 3D models and animations.
- Proficient in Interaction Design tools and methodologies.
- Exhibit a wild creative mind and attention to detail.
- Should have sufficient experience in at least 4 of the design stages given below. Enough data should be given to substantiate exposure/experience in these areas.
- Site Maps, User Flows, Navigation Models
- Wireframes & Layout
- Visual Design
- Persona Creation
- Motion Graphics and Animation effects
- 3D modelling
- Excellent design skills that bridges style, innovation and usability.
- Efficient production and ability to balance design and deadlines.
- Proficient in using digital design tools such as:
- Sketch (for Mac)
- Adobe CC
- Adobe XD
- Premiere (optional)
- After effects (optional)
- 3d software (from the following)
- 3d Max
- Cinema 4D
- Grasshopper (optional)
- Unity (optional)
- Understanding of the Agile Software Development methods.
- Good Communication skills and ability to translate from verbal to sketching to high definition
- Positive attitude, self-motivation and quality of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and crave for learning.
- Should be a good team player and work in a collaborative environment.
- Personal integrity and value system.
- Design management experience
Additional Skills and Experiences
- Design experience for enterprise applications on mobile phones / tablets / Web Browsers in a multitude of device platforms, from factors and screen sizes will be an advantage.
- Have presented concepts/papers to a wider audience in a conference like setting.
- Understanding of global cultures / design principles for globalization is a value addition.
- Having a strong & diverse design portfolio to present.
- Portfolio of applications currently on App Stores.
The applicant shall have 2 to 4 years of working experience in a tier-1 ranked company
in a similar capacity.
Minimum Required Qualification
B.Des in Graphics Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, New Media Design, Digital Game Design or Product Design from the National Institute of Design in India
M.Des in Graphics Design or Product Design from the National Institute of Design in India
M.Des in Interaction Design or Industrial Design from IIT, Bombay.
B.Des / M.Des in User Experience & Interaction Design from IIT, Kanpur
B.Des / M.Des / Ph.D in User Experience & Interaction Design from IIT, Guwahati.
or an equivalent Degree / Diploma from a similarly ranked international institute.
The person employed on this role shall report to the Associate Creative Director in Chennai or a person designated by the company.
Design Management and lead projects under the supervision of Associate Creative Director in Chennai or a person designated by the company.
Measure of Success
- Creativity & Curiosity
- Ability to study the use cases in breadth and depth and visualize solutions
- Build empathy and understanding with users
- Ability to communicate design ideas and work in a collaborative environment
- Production quality & punctuality in delivery
- Delivery or implementation of style-guides for scalable design systems
Tidel Park, Taramani