Title: Senior Firmware Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Department: Timing and Frequency Division
Reports To: Engineering Director
The Timing and Frequency division at Trimble develops embedded devices that provide high precision timing signals for wireline and wireless networks. We provide industry-leading solutions using our products based on GNSS, PTP, NTP, and other state-of-the-art protocols and technologies. We are currently working on the next generation of products to address the needs of the evolving 5G standards and industry adoption of new wireless network technologies.
Trimble is seeking a Senior Firmware Engineer who will be responsible for architecture and developing firmware solutions for Linux, RTOS, and/or bare metal-based systems in the area of packet network timing protocols such as PTP, NTP, SyncE, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and demonstrated ability to develop high quality, testable, maintainable software for constrained embedded systems
- Strong background in Linux networking stack and device drivers
- In-depth knowledge of timing protocols including 802.1AS, IEEE1588(PTP), NTP, SyncE, PTP profiles, and their applications in wireline and cellular networks.
- Knowledge of Ethernet switching, network security, and Ethernet PHY layer devices and drivers
- Demonstrated ability to implement new software stacks from RFCs and standards
- Familiarity with GNSS, timing and synchronization, wireless access, and backhaul technologies and networks.
- Degree(s) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field, MS preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in an embedded environment including firmware and hardware interfacing
- Working knowledge of 5G standards and deployment strategies is a strong plus
- 8+ years of experience working in an embedded environment including firmware and hardware interfacing
- Ability to work on new products with evolving requirements and deliver quality output
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a working knowledge AGILE development processes
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial, and transportation and logistics.
Links for Review:
Videos to Review:
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D