Title: Software Engineer
Location: Westminster, CO
Department: Trimble Cloud
Reports To: Engineering Manager
The Trimble Cloud Platform team builds core platform services such as data storage, authentication, authorization, and data processing that are used by Trimble and Trimble partners in the Buildings, Construction, Transportation, Agriculture, and Geospatial industries. Our cloud services allow Trimble businesses to efficiently build applications and connect content throughout its lifecycle.
We are seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic Software Engineer to join the Trimble Cloud platform team. You will be contributing to the evolution, architecture design, implementation and maintenance of the Processing Framework for Trimble. Trimble Processing Framework is mission-critical for Trimble’s cloud strategy and will serve hundreds of thousands of users. Trimble Cloud Processing is a framework for processing data in the cloud, transforming command line executables, web service calls, or scripts into REST APIs. Processing Framework strings together functions from different software products to create a variety of automated processing workflows.
As a member of the platform team, you will use a variety of technologies and have the opportunity to explore and use new and emerging technologies. We are looking for intelligent, organized, driven, and effective developers.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2-7 years of Software Development Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- Demonstrably strong Python skills
- Object-oriented programming knowledge
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience working with distributed computing systems
- Demonstrable proficiency with a wide variety of Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as SWF, EC2, S3, and Lambda
- Familiarity and experience with architectural design
- Serverless technology experience a plus
- Experience with scalability, security and performance engineering for web services a huge plus
- Ability to work in a team environment, work with and motivate others
- Provide on-call support as required
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D