Product Support Analyst (Geomatics / Solutions Engineering) - Richmond Hill, Ontario
Trimble's Applanix division has an exciting new role for a Product Support Analyst (Solutions Engineering / Geomatics & Survey Domain) to fill an opportunity in Toronto, Canada.
We are seeking a Product Support Analyst (Solutions Engineering) for our Applanix division to fill a Product Support Analyst role based in our Richmond Hill, Ontario office to provide technical support and assistance to sales personnel and customers through the selling cycle, perform product installation and customization, and provide after sale support.
Founded on defense and aerospace industry expertise, and a Trimble company since 2003, our Position and Orientation Systems have become the world's industry-standard for airborne, land, marine, and indoor mobile survey operations. With global reach, unequaled engineering excellence, and worldwide 24/7 customer support, Applanix leads the world in high-productivity in-motion surveying, direct data georeferencing, and robust mobile mapping. Applanix POS technology is now powering new revolutions in both autonomous vehicle technology and mobile mapping in GNSS-denied spaces.
- Provides moderate advice and consultation of customers, internal sales reps and product managers on applications, product performance and installation critical topics
- Assists in proposal preparation by providing input and clarification for technical details
- Participates in the technical training of staff and clients in use of company products
- Undertakes product installation and complex customization, collaborating with engineering staff and clients
- Responds to customer inquiries and assists in resolving complex problems during installation phases of project
- Participates in product technical reviews, impact assessments of new releases and reviews of competitive activity, and recommends product enhancements to engineering and sales staff
- Prepares documentation regarding modifications, troubleshooting procedures and problem resolutions
- Undertakes troubleshooting, at customer site, as required for complex problems
- Provides technical guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- Follows and ensures compliance to workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines
Skills & Experience Required:
- Master degree in Geomatics Engineering preferred
- Experience in technical support or customer service
- Knowledge of GPS / IMU technology
- Working knowledge of Mapping and Surveying Industry
- Ability to present technical information in understandable form for non-technical recipients
- Working knowledge of the company products
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage stressful situations
- Extensive travel may be required
- Requirement to be available and respond to off-duty calls on a 24/7 basis
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines as well as remain flexible
Applanix is committed to an Accessible workplace and provides an Accessible recruitment process. Please note that we can accommodate disabilities upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.