Title: Channel Sales Representative
Location: US - Eastern Region (Remote)
SECO Manufacturing Co., is Trimble’s flagship accessories brand with a worldwide reputation of designing and manufacturing cutting edge tools and accessories for surveying, construction, utilities and other industries that use GPS/GNSS technology. SECO is based in Redding, CA, with facilities in Tecate, CA, Mexico and Hungary.
We are seeking an experienced and highly competitive outside Channel Sales Representative who thrives in meeting individual sales goals while providing exceptional customer satisfaction levels and able to represent our excellent portfolio of products and services. This person will be responsible for new customer acquisition, generating sales revenue and meeting sales targets to resellers within the United States. It will be essential to develop and execute appropriate strategies (short & long term) to suit business needs and requirements of existing and potential customers.
This role is a remote, field sales position with required travel of 60-80%. Only candidates with a minimum of 3 years outbound sales experience will be considered.
- Define and execute sales pursuit strategies within your assigned territory.
- Collaborate with Inside Sales, Customer Service and Marketing in support of your territory business plan.
- Effective pipeline management to accurately forecast and close new business
- Negotiate contract terms and pricing.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to provide end-user insights in order to inform business strategy and product development.
- Personal improvement through training and skill expansion in areas relevant to this position.
- Assist in the Coordination of Customer Training.
- Identify, engage and co-ordinate the necessary Trimble partners to support sales targets.
- 3 years of outside sales experience in surveying, construction, and/or GPS/GNSS industries.
- Ability to travel 60-80%+ of the time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and dynamic presentation skills. Able to develop productive relationships with external and internal contacts.
- Strong computer skills including use of the internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce or other CRM software.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify and build a sales pipeline.
- Capacity to analyze and manage territory effectively
- Ability to listen and effectively understand a situation; able to respond with clarity and professionalism.
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment both independently and within a team.
- Attention to detail and results-oriented.
- An understanding of at least 2 of the following industries: surveying, construction, utilities and/or GPS/GNSS technologies.
- Strong industry relationships.
- Ability to interact with C-level executives and to present and discuss technical issues in a polished, well-spoken manner both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to source new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls and emails.
- Maintain and expand the database/pipeline of interested prospects.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, results-oriented team environment.
- Ability to adapt, learn and embrace new sales methods.
- Exceptional and persuasive communication and negotiation skills, both verbal and written.
- General business knowledge and understanding of accounting and project management principles and practices.
- Proven track record in closing sales and overachieving quota.
- 5 years of outside sales experience in surveying, construction, and/or GPS/GNSS industries.
- Previous dealer/partner channel sales experience.
- BA/BS degree in business, construction management or a related field preferred.
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor.