Title: Regional Sales Engineer
Location: Remote, Eastern United States
Department: Trimble Agriculture, Field Solutions
The Regional Sales Engineer is an integral part of the agriculture sales team. In this role, you will play a central role in educating dealers and customers on the benefits and uses of Trimble Ag solutions. You will be a trusted resource that is capable of building bridges and helping our channel envision how they can use Trimble Ag solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for traveling to clients’ sites, perform value-based demonstrations of capabilities, facilitate onsite scoping and assessment meetings, and will be responsible for answering all system-related questions and responsible to help drive sales in the territory. This includes but is not limited to:
- Responsible for uncovering client needs and addressing those needs as part of the sales and demonstration strategy
- Ability to position Trimble Ag as the system of choice and share value of Trimble solutions, with the ability to overcome objections from customers and dealers
- Personally cultivate, develop and maintain relationships with dealer principles and/or key dealer management personnel
- Configure complex solutions within the Trimble Product portfolio and demonstrate the benefits to the prospect
- Work with the Territory Sales Team to execute the sales pursuit strategy
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information to refine and improve selling strategies
- Attend sales and trade meetings, and read related publications in order to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, and industry developments
- Assist sales individuals to understand the more technical aspects of Trimble Ag solutions on how they solve specific customer problems
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on the technical knowledge of product capabilities and product limitations
- Be current on competitor product offerings (features, benefits and customer interest in these products), report information internally together with recommendations as required
- Ability to provide professional communication with peers, manager, and upper management
- Ability to solve problems using a creative and logical mindset.
- Ability to operate successfully within a matrix/multifunctional business organization.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 2+ years of experience in Ag Engineering, Ag Business, or equivalent industry-related field
- Proficient in presenting and public speaking, including technical and sales demonstrations
- Sales process and sales pipeline management
- Mechanical and educational aptitude to maintain and improve understanding of the application and operation of Trimble Ag products
- Consultative sales skills
- There is some travel required in this role (about 50%) - including travel to attend sales events, trade shows, visit strategic accounts and other regional sales trips to support the wider team
- The ideal candidate lives near a major airport
- You are comfortable and productive working out of your home (when you are not traveling) and you have a home office environment that is conducive and suitable
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Information to Review:
The following links are recommended in order to better your understanding of Trimble, and the products available within this particular division.
Videos to Review:
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D