Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is recruiting a Web Developer to fill an opportunity in Christchurch, NZ. This is a fixed term position.
Joining our Marketing Communications (MarCom) team, this position requires advanced technical ability and knowledge to produce user interfaces and websites for identified communications projects.
Excellent technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills are a necessity, along with the ability to ‘look outside the square’ toward new marketing communication advances. The successful candidate must be able to exercise judgment within defined practice and procedures.
What you'll do?
- Creating and designing web applications, user interface software design, desktop applications, mobile applications, icons, HTML emails, online ads, etc.
- Administration of existing web sites
- Creating new multimedia templates that adhere to branding standards, and include well documented programming standards and guidelines
- Use existing templates, team processes, and branding standards
- General technical troubleshooting and problem solving
- Keeping the team up-to-date on relevant new technology changes.
What you'll bring?
- Experienced user of the Adobe Production Suite
- Minimum of three years experience with theming content management systems (WordPress), and front end development tools
- Competent in Adobe Photoshop
- After Effects, Premier experience would also be an advantage
- The ability to quickly absorb and utilize new mediums and applications
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- A passion for user-centric design, attention to detail and service-orientation
- Flexible approach to working in a changing environment and can work well under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team
Note: Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability.
From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.