Title: Director of North American Sales
Location: United States
Trimble is currently seeking an exceptional Director of Sales in our Trimble Water and Wastewater Division. The primary responsibility for this person is to lead the North America sales activities and exceptional team as well as drive continuous growth through direct and distribution sales.
The Trimble water and wastewater Solutions combine state of the art IoT hardware with enterprise and SaaS software and professional services to solve key operational challenges for utilities. This is an exciting time to join as we are in a fast growth and expansion stage so it is a great opportunity to join the team and contribute to that growth.
The successful candidate will have proven successful solutions selling and exceeding yearly and quarterly target goals. Utility sales experience is a must and an understanding of the water utility procurement process is key. This position requires a person with constant drive and data analytics acumen, enabling them to make decisions, grow the team, drive process and accelerate the go to market efforts.
Defined responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- End-to-end responsibility for entire sales cycle and process management for the North America region
- Lead and grow a team of exceptional regional business managers
- Collaborate with the rest of the organization to drive the right marketing needs and activities for increased awareness and sales.
- Define and exceed regional targets
- Use market knowledge, negotiation skills, product knowledge, and outstanding communication and presentation skills to win and close business
- Analyze different data sources and create focused customer and regional targeting plans and tactics for success
- Develop new and refine current, sales strategies and processes to enhance and measure sales and the selling process
- Leverage and grow the channel partner ecosystem and direct selling efforts to further build territory and market presence, ultimately driving incremental growth.
- Travel across region is 60%+ so base location is flexible but closeness to major airport is key
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree), MBA is a plus
- 10-15+ Years of complex utility solution sales and relationship-based selling experience (Hardware and/or software sales)
- Proven track record of exceeding targets while leading and growing teams
- Demonstrated utility industry intimacy and knowledge - must be credible to C-level executives
- Experience with managing resellers and reps as well as direct selling of software solutions.
- Experience in developing and presenting proposals through superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong experience with multiple tools including CRM (Salesforce), Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Energetic, self-motivated team player who can thrive in a "start-up" like environment and help the company grow
- Strong analytical skill with ability to think outside the box, and attention to details
- Engagement within US and regional level water organizations is a plus (for example, ACE, WEFTEC
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB), visit: www.trimble.com
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D