Trimble MAPS is a transportation technology company dedicated to defining the optimal route to success. We achieve this through innovative routing, mileage, mapping and mobile navigation solutions. From trusted industry standard data to seamless integrations, Trimble MAPS solutions are used by a broad range of industries, workforce, and everyday drivers on the road. For over 35 years, our suite of solutions, which includes PC*MILER, CoPilot, and Trimble MAPS, have set the foundation for safe and efficient journeys worldwide – one mile, one driver, one vehicle at a time.
Why Trimble MAPS?
Our technology platform generates 20 million routes per day. We are able to handle 50,000 locations/minute to compute routes in real time. From day one, our engineers and engineering managers have the opportunity to influence our products.
We’re looking for a senior software development manager whose mission will be improving the efficiency of our internal development workflow on a per project basis. You will work with our product owners, project managers, engineers, and testers of all levels of experience. This role requires an experienced leader, capable of guiding a project and a team from design to release.
- BS in Computer Science, or similar degree
- 3+ years of engineering leadership and people management experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Coordinate planning/implementation/delivery across engineering, design, product management, and testing teams, seeking to impact overall project efficiency and quality.
- Ability to impact multiple projects in parallel.
- Previous experience as a software engineer, programming with languages like C++, C#, Python, and SQL.
- Understanding of systems architecture for large scale, high availability services running in the public cloud.
- General ability to unblock others on the team and act as a force multiplier.
Trimble MAPS is located on Route 1 in Princeton NJ in a new office beautifully designed to support our recent and expected future growth. Trimble MAPS offers great benefits such as paid healthcare, PTO, 401K, profit sharing, stock options, and fun perks like summer BBQs.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D