Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Coralville, IA
Trimble Transportation is in business for optimizing the movement of freight by providing shippers and carriers both mobility, enterprise and visibility software tools they need to run their businesses more efficiently. As the leading provider of Transportation Management Software (TMS), Asset Management Software (AMS), and Fleet Management Software (FMS) we are devoted to propelling companies in the trucking industry toward increased efficiency, lower costs and optimize operations.
Innovative Software Engineering (ISE)
ISE is a leading full-service software engineering and systems integration firm that delivers innovative, end-to-end mobile and enterprise solutions that help organizations simplify and solve their most complex business challenges. In consulting with some of industry’s leading organizations, ISE brings a rare blend of technical expertise and business perspective to these challenges. ISE’s Professional Services offers a complete spectrum of software engineering services from systems integration and custom software consulting to solutions in the areas of IoT Telematics, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Mobile and Web App Development.
The ideal Senior Software Engineer candidate thrives in ambiguity and approaches problem solving, teamwork, and innovation with a positive attitude. This person has a very strong understanding of our customers. Must possess strong coaching skills and the ability to motivate teams and individuals around a common vision of product development excellence.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, work processes, investigating problem areas and following the software development lifecycle
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the relevant technology domains
- Conferring with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Analyzes user needs and requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment, participating in educational activities, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with C#, Java, and/or Python
- Proven success in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Interest and ability to apply technical skills across diverse domains such as agriculture and transportation
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Agriculture/Transportation industry experience
- Familiarity with cloud, big data, mobile development, and web development
- Experience with mentoring and coaching team members
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tool, such as Rally or Jira
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D