Title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Mayfield Heights, OH
Trimble Transportation (TT)
The Transportation Division of Trimble exists to make the roads safer, greener and better for everyone. Our employees bring this to life through imagination, teamwork and a true passion to disrupt the status quo and drive the future of the industry. By using innovative thinking and technology, we create software solutions that protect fleet drivers and the people out on the road. We share a relentless ambition to find new ways to improve a fleet’s bottom line, while making the world a greener place. Join some of the most brilliant minds in the transportation field, working together, to make a difference for our customers and the communities we serve.
This individual will be responsible for managing the marketing strategy behind our Transportation Management System (TMS) products. This role includes planning the marketing strategy around product launch and throughout the product’s lifecycle. You will work with Marcom and Lead Generation teams to develop and implement activities for promotion of Trimble Transportation brands and products and maintain current marketing collateral for web, print and other media. This person will partner with sales, product management, leadership and development to plan, leverage and communicate the unique benefits of the products. You will also develop and make recommendations for the marketing plan and budget.
Assures that all marketing messaging is consistent with the brand architecture and goals for the product and the individual initiatives. Influence trade show and media schedule as it relates to specific products or product related verticals. May work with outside agencies to build and execute materials and media strategies.
May function as a writer or an editor for copy and other communications, as needed. Designs, implements, measures and analyses the effectiveness of various marketing initiatives and quantifies revenue generated from executed programs. Will own responsibility for one or more product line within the Trimble Transportation group of brands. May help to form and manage strategy, roadmap and lifecycle for this product. Understands industry and customer needs and proposed product changes to maximize its value to its customer base. Works closely with Product Managers and Owners on new product enhancements. May also work with partners in developing and implementing combined marketing strategy around integrations and channel marketing efforts.
- Generate product marketing launch plans and communicate needs to internal marketing teams and agencies
- Willingness to represent their product to the company, industry and internal stakeholders
- Able to work in a team or independently
- Able to clarify requirements and complex terms and disseminate them to a broader audience in scope
- Possess intellectual humility - Be able to make mistakes and learn from them
- Stay current with emerging technologies and architectures; establish opinions about them
- Challenge everything - Push yourself and others by asking how we can be better in all aspects of our work
- Take ownership
- Collaborate in a culture that promotes passion in marketing
- Lead digital and national live marketing seminars
- Occasionally provide product focused marketing copy
- 4+ years of experience within Marketing
- Proven writing skills
- Demonstrate one or more specific successes from current or past challenge
- Ability to communicate with C-Level executives
- Experience working on a cross-functional team
- Able to take technical terms and move to market facing terms
- Excellent communication skills
- Travel up to 25%
- Related industry and software experience
- Outside the box thinking and the willingness to pursue new marketing ideas and strategies
- Willingness to learn new software and technology.
- Software: Monday.com, G-Suite, WebEx
- Experience using: Salesforce, Jira, Aha, Marketo or one of our TMS products (Innovative, TruckMate, TMW.Suite or TL2000)
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D