Title: Director of Cloud Operations
Location: Portland, OR
Viewpoint provides innovative software solutions to the global construction and capital project industries. Viewpoint leads the construction software industry, bringing 40 years of construction experience to over 7,000 customers. Viewpoint’s integrated suite of solutions for the office, extended team and field address the full construction life-cycle from planning/bidding to construction and facilities maintenance. Solutions are offered on a variety of platforms, including Cloud, Mobile, and On-premise. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Viewpoint has become the technology partner of choice, with customers in more than 28 countries. www.viewpoint.com
As the Director of Cloud Operations, you will be responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of managing Viewpoint’s Global Cloud Services. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of cloud engineers and developing the Cloud Ops strategic vision to include; software deployment, upgrades, system setup, system administration, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration/change management, security management and monitoring, demand/capacity planning, availability management, disaster recovery, cost optimization, cloud migrations and cloud support. This individual will work closely with Product Management, Product Development and Information Security Officer in the creation of technical cloud standards and cloud architecture and deliver strategic objectives. This position is responsible for developing, implementing best practices, policies and procedures to manage cloud operations staffing and leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a strategic vision, technical and operational roadmap that meets Viewpoint’s needs today and tomorrow.
- Ensure that Viewpoint’s Cloud platform are designed for 24 X 7 operations, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and oversee Network Operations, Event Management, Incident Management, Problem/Escalation Management, Configuration Management and Change Management Processes.
- Contribute to and enhance Security policies and procedures for Viewpoint Cloud Services. Implement System Management Tools to provide monitoring and management of all Cloud infrastructures.
- Define and report Key Performance Indicators to monitor process health; define and report Customer facing service metrics. Collaborate with Information Security Office to implement and oversee Security policy, monitoring, and guidelines for Viewpoint Cloud Services. Conduct System Outage Analysis to prevent the re occurrence of incidents. Implement continuous improvement plans for all services and processes.
- Directly manage a geographically distributed team of hardworking managers and leaders who are responsible for the cloud architecture, design, implementation, and operations of critical, massive scale, shared services
- Service design activities will include building out service capabilities to match SLA requirements, capacity modeling for scale and cost, and security management.
- Ensure all technical procedures (Installation, Configuration, Run Books) are documented and updated and are contributing to the maintenance of operational standards where the automation of the infrastructure services and system administration tasks are critical. Implementation of a monitoring strategy to provide rapid feedback and diagnostics in the event of a service disruption is imperative.
- Relentlessly introduce new ways of improving, optimizing & scaling the cloud services
- Certification in Cloud Technologies such as AWS, Azure or CSSP.
- Coach and mentor direct reports, supporting and inspiring their development and career growth objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience to include 10+ years of leadership with progressively increasing responsibility, including leading teams in a software development environment.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in large complex multi-product information systems, Cloud services recommended.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure Services is necessary.
- Must have an excellent cloud operations background.
- 5+ years of IT Service Management and/or operations, data center, server, and storage management, virtualization, networking, systems management, and/or project management recommended.
- Experience in ITIL, SAE16 / SOC 2, ISO27001 and NIST 800-53 preferred for this position.
- Certification in ITIL considered a plus for this position.
- 5-8 years of complex, end-to-end systems integration & implementation experience within a Cloud Hosting business model.
- Ability to think strategically while tactically setting goals and tasks scope
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees
- Able to communicate effectively across all functions and levels including presenting ideas and financial analysis to senior management
- Self-directed with ability to work effectively under pressure and with competing priorities
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D