The Trimble Transport and Logistics business unit, of which the operational and development teams are located in Ieper and Leuven (Belgium), is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Leuven, Belgium .
Our Carcube is a state of the art mobile terminal for truck and transport. Because of growing and evolving markets, customers want more features and more devices to be connected to the cube. Furthermore, a large number of backend and web applications support our customers in their daily operations.
As a Client Software Engineer your focus will be on enhancing and adding new features to the client platforms. These platforms are split over embedded Linux devices and Android devices.
Key aspects of your daily work are
- You participate in the complete product development cycle starting from analysis, architecture, design, coding, unit, integration and system testing of software
- You provide ongoing sustaining support to the product, addressing end to end feature enhancements.
- You review and work with others (Product Management, Technical Architects, Development Engineers, Software Development Manager) to confirm and track feature requirements through to delivery.
- You are member of an agile development team, we are working with scrum methodology.
- You participate in the planning and execution of work items.
- You communicate about the work you are doing and the obstacles you encounter.
- You appreciate assistance from others when needed, but are also willing to provide it back to them.
- You report to the Software Development Manager
- You have profound experience with Java programming and working under Linux
- You have knowledge of OO principles, design patterns and like to write clean code
- You know how to work with an agile development process (Scrum)
- Experience with the following items is an advantage:
- Linux development
- Android application development
- Native development (C/C++)
- Build tools (ant/gradle)
- Testing frameworks (Junit, Mockito, Selenium,...)
- Git as versioning system, the Git branching model
- Atlassian stack (Jira, Bitbucket,...)
- You are dedicated to delivering high quality and performant solutions
- You are a strong team player but are able to work independently
- You are eager to learn new things, you take ownership and want to get things done
- You want to share your knowledge, not only during your daily work, but also by presenting them at our Tech Days
- You have good communication skills, both written and oral
- Full professional proficiency in English is a requirement
What we can offer
- An informal atmosphere where you can do your thing!
- Independent work in small teams, but with the necessary interactions between them
- An environment where you can expand your knowledge and evolve in your role
- Tech days, Beer o’clock, other events, …. You name it, we got it