Trimble is recruiting for an Senior Hardware Engineer Telematics to fill an opportunity in Pune, India.
The person would be responsible for the design, implementation, certification, and support of Hardware. Will contribute to performance and/or feature enhancements of existing tools and packages on current as well as upcoming Trimble hardware devices.
- The position will coordinate with a cross-functional development teams to integrate and test compatibility between design segments.
- Individual will perform R&D tasks on new products and develop the required embedded systems.
- Quality Assurance of product and its firmware
- Creation of documentation including technical requirements, functional specifications, qualification test plans and product change notices.
- Training to service engineers and documentation
- Should be able to support the design and development of electronic circuit board assembly controls for embedded products from concept through production.
- Get the design certified from government approved labs
- Keep enhancing hardware features
- Reduce the BOM cost
- Day to Day Technical support to Customer Support team on faulty devices
- Demonstration activities and Communication with vendors and internal stakeholders
- Experienced in designing controls hardware
- Competent in 2D AutoCAD and ePlan
- Experience in understanding and following customer specifications.
- Experience with various MCU cores (16 to 32-bits, common ARM Cortex) and peripherals.
- Visit to vendor /client site as and when required
- Strong knowledge of embedded hardware systems (Microcontrollers, FPGA, CPLD Memories, etc.) and able to read schematics
- Experience in various RF technologies and profiles such as BT classic, BLE, Zigbee, Wi-Fi.
- Design responsibilities include the development and analysis of: analog, digital and power circuits including 12-24 bits ADCs, 8/16/32bit uPs and uCs, displays, sensors, electromechanical power switches, and AC/DC, linear and switching power supplies
- Generate schematics and support PCB layout designers.
- Support current production designs including quality improvements, cost reduction, component obsolescence and failure analysis.
- Evaluate and approve electronic components that requirements for availability, performance and cost. Create components drawings.
- Min. Qualifications: BE/BTech -> Electronics, Electronics & Communications
- Minimum of Five years- experience related to Controls hardware design using AutoCAD.
- Able to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to meet deadlines.
- Strong functional knowledge of electronic components and circuits including microprocessors, microcontrollers, op-amps, regulators, standard digital logic ICs, and discrete semiconductors (diodes, transistors, FETS, triacs) is required
- Knowledge of schematic capture, PCB layout, simulation is required. Cadence ver 16.6 knowledge & C programming skills is a plus.
- Knowledge of FMEA’s, electrical stress analysis calculations, EMI and EMC PCB layout techniques is required
- Good documentation and presentation skills using MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Thorough knowledge on how the GPS system works
- Demonstration skills
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor.