Trimble is recruiting for a QA Automation Engineer to fill an opportunity in Brasov, Romania.
This position is a full time opportunity in our Brasov office, working for the MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) division. This position is to test our web based products, using a .Net core microservices architecture combined with Angular front-end. The successful candidate will participate in planning, creation, and execution of test cases to ensure high quality and prompt delivery of software. This position has a strong emphasis on test automation, with some manual testing expected as well. In addition to testing, the successful candidate will work closely with developers and product managers to assist in the design phase, and participate in continuously improving the team’s agile processes.
- Participate in user story analysis and in defining acceptance criteria, including non-functional requirements (NFR)
- Prepare and execute automated test plans
- Be actively involved in sprint planning
- Use testing tools for defect tracking and issue resolution
- Perform regression, load/stress and performance testing
- Prioritize multiple tasks in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Investigate and recommend process improvements and be an active participant in regular retrospective meetings
- Troubleshoot issues in various testing environments
- Document test efforts and results, and communicate them with project stakeholders, management, developers, and QA team as required
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in test automation methodologies and tools, including experience with REST calls and web UI test automation; experience with Postman a plus
- Strong understanding of testing challenges for various types of tests, including new feature, regression, smoke, load and performance testing
- Experience working in an agile development environment, ideally with experience working with a distributed team
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while still being able to adapt quickly to change
- Ability to work independently as well as work effectively with team members
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor.