Lead Interaction Designer (Mobile and Web apps )
Form NID Institutes Only.
Trimble’s Spime Team loves design! We love what we do and thrive in uncertainty, for we understand this is a spot to be creative.
A Lead Interaction Designer at Trimble’s Spime Team contributes to the creation of design strategies, while mentoring younger team members to create compelling, beautiful user experiences for diverse technologies and platforms. The designer leads the way and works with Product Managers and Developers across global locations to transform requirements and user research into digital products that actively help our users and customers be more productive.
The designer will direct mobile and web projects, conduct creative initiatives and foster design thinking to set quality standards and practices which will have a measurable impact on the work with various special interest groups. Solid experiences and beautiful working products will be the measure of success.
At Trimble’s Spime Team the Lead Interaction Designer is the driving force of a highly motivated team, which strives for excellence.
We are enthusiastic about what we do and we have fun doing it. We believe we can transform the way the world works.
If we appeal to you and you think you are made of the stuff Trimble’s Spime UX Team needs, send us your CV and portfolio (PDF or Web).
- Proficient in Interaction Design tools and methodologies.
- Exhibit a wild creative mind and attention to detail.
- Evident skills in:
- Information Architecture
- Wireframes & Layout
- Visual Design
- Persona Creation
- Excellent design skills that bridges style, innovation and usability.
- Efficient production and ability to balance design and deadlines.
- Understanding of the Agile Software Development methods.
- Design Sprints
- Proficient in using digital design tools such as:
- Sketch (for Mac)
- Adobe CC
- Adobe XD
- Premiere (optional)
- After effects (optional)
- Good Communication skills and ability to translate from verbal to sketching to high definition
- Design experience for enterprise applications on mobile phones / tablets / Web Browsers in a multitude of device platforms, from factors and screen sizes will be an advantage.
- Responsive Layouts
- iPad OS
- Material Design
- Positive attitude, self-motivation and quality of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and crave for learning.
- Should be a good team player and work in a collaborative environment.
- Personal integrity and value system.
- Design management experience
Additional Skills and Experiences
- Have presented concepts/papers to a wider audience in a conference like setting.
- Understanding of global cultures / design principles for globalization is a value addition.
- Having a strong & diverse design portfolio to present.
- Portfolio of applications currently on App Stores.
The applicant shall have 6 - 10 years of working experience in a tier-1 ranked company in a similar capacity.
Minimum Required Qualification
B.Des in Graphics Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, New Media Design, Digital Game Design or Product Design from the National Institute of Design in India
M.Des in Graphics Design or Product Design from the National Institute of Design in India
The person employed on this role shall report to the Associate Creative Director in Chennai or a person designated by the company.
Design Management and lead projects under the supervision of Associate Creative Director in Chennai or a person designated by the company.
Measure of Success
- Creativity & Curiosity
- Ability to study the use cases in breadth and depth and visualize solutions
- Build empathy and understanding with users
- Ability to communicate design ideas and work in a collaborative environment
- Production quality & punctuality in delivery
- Delivery or implementation of style-guides for scalable design systems
Tidel Park, Taramani
Items below the line need not be posted on job search sites. But the Talent Acquisition team must explain the same to prospective candidates before they are brought for interview.
Training, on the job coaching and assessment
Upon joining the candidate will be given an induction. The induction program includes topics that introduces the company, the team and the engineering practices widely adopted, besides HR & IS Policies. The candidate shall also be introduced to the projects the candidate might probably work and the tools used by the team on tracking work progress.
Besides, the candidate will receive on the job coaching, as required, in order to be successful.
Trimble follows a quarterly pattern of assessment. Business goals and development plans are set annually, as needed by the business. Salary revisions, if any, are made on an annual basis.
The candidate on this role is expected to be on the job for 3 to 5 years before looking for career growth. The next possible career growth option is to take up the role of a Design Lead, where the candidate may have opportunities to lead small design teams or drive design initiatives at a project / program level.
Travel and Long Term Transfer Opportunities
While there may be project related short term travels at times, this role has no scope for any long term job transfers to other locations. All travels are decided by business needs.
About the employing team
The team hiring for this position, Spime (meaning Space and Time), is a young, fast-growing R&D division within Trimble. After being acquired by Trimble in 2012, this team has generated waves in the company – their primary goal is to incubate strategic technologies and help other divisions to move forward by inducting them rapidly into their product lines. A high-visibility, horizontal team with strong leadership and engineering skills, they are known as the “growth team” in Trimble, as the Spime team helps unblock anything that blocks Trimble’s business/growth. The team provides a conductive work environment, where the team members collaborate, cherish and accomplish tasks on a maximum comfort zone.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor.